ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The worst car I drove in 2023 was...

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not sure what the worst car I drove in 2023 was.

I doubt it was the worst.. but the one that comes to mind is the Alfa Romeo Tonale Hybrid for its horrendous gearbox.

And one of those electric Abarths. f**king horrendous.

Or anything from Tesla. As they handle like I built it. And the built quality is much the same.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Given my wife’s still got a Gashqai, it’s that, by a country mile.
Although the Citroen thing we’ve got on hire ran it pretty close.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not sure what the worst car I drove in 2023 was.

I doubt it was the worst.. but the one that comes to mind is the Alfa Romeo Tonale Hybrid for its horrendous gearbox.

And one of those electric Abarths. f**king horrendous.

Or anything from Tesla. As they handle like I built it. And the built quality is much the same.
Oh nooo I thought the electric Abarths looked alright! Are they s**t?

Honda made both one of the best and probably THE worst cars I drove last year. The new CTR is absolutely fab. The new e:Ny1 is absolutely not.

My biggest take away from this is that you don't put your seatbelt on with your left hand like a grown up 😂 The rear roof blinds seem retarded. Guess that not every car needs to be interesting/fun and f**k buying a French EV over a Japanese one if you want to keep them for more than 3years!

Glad to see the channel is growing too.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Oh nooo I thought the electric Abarths looked alright! Are they s**t?

My biggest take away from this is that you don't put your seatbelt on with your left hand like a grown up 😂 The rear roof blinds seem retarded. Guess that not every car needs to be interesting/fun and f**k buying a French EV over a Japanese one if you want to keep them for more than 3years!

Glad to see the channel is growing too.

I’m not a fan of the petrol ones either tbh.

I guess you could say they look sort of cool. But the range was crap. And they have an external speaker which is supposed to sound like an engine, but it’s f**king awful! And drones away in a monotone way like an old need for speed game

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Vauxhall Mokka. Felt like it was going to tip over all the time. Steering was vague. Gear change like stirring porridge. And I got really irritated with the messages it constantly displayed on the dash. “Wipers turned off” - I know that, I just turned them off!!!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
My Impreza. The day I bought it and drove it home, I couldn't wait to get out.
It felt like someone had stolen the suspension and replaced it with some kiln dried logs.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The current new polos we have on the fleet and any Corsa. Hateful cars both of them.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
2015ish onwards ones. Not driven a new new new one, although I imagine the next ones we get will be electric so my main gripe - the engine being utterly gutless at relatively low RPM making manoeuvring trailers etc a s**t experience - will probably disappear. However the build quality and weird stuff like it beeping at me to tell me I’ve left the headlight switch on, even though it turns them off when you get out anyway, will probably remain.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
2015ish onwards ones. Not driven a new new new one, although I imagine the next ones we get will be electric so my main gripe - the engine being utterly gutless at relatively low RPM making manoeuvring trailers etc a s**t experience - will probably disappear. However the build quality and weird stuff like it beeping at me to tell me I’ve left the headlight switch on, even though it turns them off when you get out anyway, will probably remain.
We've had the new 2023/24 model. We tried to get the hybrid/electric version but the wait was stupid apparently, so we've stuck with the diesels. Poor choice in my opinion but hey ho.

See what it's like when it gets delivered in a few months

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The new new ones that have just come out?

Hope not, got 10 of em coming lol

Not sure about the new new ones tbf

But the previous model were awful. I’m struggling to think of anyone I know who’s done any decent mileage in one that hasn’t blown there’s up. My close pal has gone through 3 engines in his 😲😂. The last one was a brand spanker from ford and lasted 4K ffs