ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Honda. Tesla Someday
I changed sensitivity / vibration settings etc. I just didn't find any significant advantage with the paddles. I didn't really give them much of a go to be fair - once they went into the draw I never got them out again!

Set up the paddles and use them. Once you're used to them you'll love them!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have a preference, but digital copies are easier. Buy on my phone at work, get home, it's good to go. I don't sell games (or anything, really) anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

Goliath I
They've got WRC 5 eSports edition for £8 on offer.

Anyone know what the difference is between this and the standard game?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I've been looking into the elite controller. Is it any good and worth it?

I've just bought this
4a3305daaeca8dead360e5e8ca2ee232.jpg

Looks stunning! It's lovely too. Dusk Shadow limited edition. Matt finish pad and the shoulder buttons are rubberised too

My original controller started to have stick drift on right analog. It can easily be repaired providing you have a soldering kit, which I don't. Less than fiver online for the part.
Anyone want it for 15 posted? Will put it on eBay otherwise

I've just bought this
4a3305daaeca8dead360e5e8ca2ee232.jpg

Looks stunning! It's lovely too. Dusk Shadow limited edition. Matt finish pad and the shoulder buttons are rubberised too

My original controller started to have stick drift on right analog. It can easily be repaired providing you have a soldering kit, which I don't. Less than fiver online for the part.
Anyone want it for 15 posted? Will put it on eBay otherwise

It's so wrong that I find that attractive lol

Clio
All the Xbox one deals have gone shite.
The Xbox One Family Kinect bundle is sold out in game now. I knew I should have just bought it instead of waiting to see the shite in black Friday.

Anyone seen anything decent for standard xbox one with or without kinect with either minecraft or something similar for less than £200

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
You shouldn't of waited mate. School boy error. All the good deals seem to have dried up

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking into the elite controller. Is it any good and worth it?
I regretted buying mine. It's a lovely controller and great for configuration freaks, but it made sod all difference to my game-playing abilities or my levels of immersion in a game. As good as it feels in the hands I don't think it was worth the premium it commands.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Cool mate cheers. I may just leave it then. The little lad has one for christmas so might try that one first

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I have one as well, Those that say it makes a massive difference are just trying to justify the cost.

It feels nice and looks a bit better but its not going to make you some amazing player, If it were around £60 quid i would probably be inclined to recommend it more

Honda. Tesla Someday
I totally disagree!! The Elite Controller to me is a must have, especially for FPS titles!

Being able to continue aiming non stop even when jumping for example is a game changer to me.

Will it make you a better player? It can do. All depends on the play tbh! But one thing it will do is speed you up and allow you to do things you couldn't do before.

The build quality is fantastic too! Best controller ever made - ever!

I even reviewed it here:

Clio
You shouldn't of waited mate. School boy error. All the good deals seem to have dried up
I know, I cry a little.

Am I asking for trouble if I get her a second hand reconditioned one and buying her a few games?

I've got a kinect under the stairs anyway.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I know, I cry a little.

Am I asking for trouble if I get her a second hand reconditioned one and buying her a few games?

I've got a kinect under the stairs anyway.
I wouldn't of thought so mate. Plus don't they come with a little bit of warranty anyway?

Ph 1 172
Just in case anyone is looking for a copy deus ex mankind divided day one edition is £16.99 in sainsburys at moment picked up a copy yesterday

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I love my elite controller, not so much in racing games but mainly in shooting games.
Using it in cod is great. As a controller to hold its immense. Feels how the controller should have felt. Much more grippy.
I needed to replace controller and got it for £100 over the normal one for about £50. worth the extra.

Clio
Bit of a silly question maybe but can I get head phones to run directly from the xbox so the sound doesn't come out of the TV, my surround sound thingy doesn't have a headphone out socket. So can I cut the sound out before it gets that far?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Bit of a silly question maybe but can I get head phones to run directly from the xbox so the sound doesn't come out of the TV, my surround sound thingy doesn't have a headphone out socket. So can I cut the sound out before it gets that far?

The headphones plug into the controller. Turn all sound off on your TV/sound bar and you're good to go.

I recently bought some Turtle Beach XO's and they're great.

Clio
I think you can just plug a pair into the Aux but the turtle beaches I have use an adaptor thing with mic/game sounds/base controls on them.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KSVXSZU/?tag=cliospnet01-21
Good work, going to give it a try later.
Mrs has to be up for work at 4am some days so on a night I got to have the TV so quiet it does my head in.
Only problem is if the baby cries I won't hear her and then she have my b****cks on a plate.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Mrs has to be up for work at 4am some days so on a night I got to have the TV so quiet it does my head in.
Only problem is if the baby cries I won't hear her and then she have my b****cks on a plate.

b****cks on a plate, hahaha.
Those Turtle Beach XO's are great for the price!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They don't block out so much sound that you won't hear the baby cry tbh

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I use mine with one side half on as I cant hear my own voice in my headphones which really throws me off.

Also don't like feeling like someone coul walk in and scare the sh*t out of me with no warning.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yep, plug in to the 3.5mm jack in the controller.

If you are in party chat then you can manage sound in the sound menu on your Xbox one. You can use a slider for volume and also to fade to party chat or game sound. Works really well

Clio
Another question. s**t Xbox. I think I made a royal f**k up setting up her new One the other day. So she could have it for xmas I did the setup and downloaded the games using my gamer tag. It now tells her she also needs to sign in as me to play the games she got when signing in as her.

Have i messed up or is there any way of sorting this out?

Clio
Oh yeah, and I can't even plug the f**king kinect in without some sort of shitty adapter. Piss microsoft I hate you.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah, and I can't even plug the f**king kinect in without some sort of shitty adapter. Piss microsoft I hate you.
The adaptor should be free mate, on the Xbox website. You need the serial number for the Xbox and the Kinect.