ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be interested to see if the S makes a difference on certain games. On X-Com 2 there are a few levels with almost game breaking levels of slow down - not sure if the S would improve that or not.
Might invest in a Scorpio next year but will also need a 4K TV too and after my wedding I'm not sure if I can afford it!
It does make a difference on some games. I noticed it on Fallout 4 - playing it upstairs on my launch console, it clipped a lot more than it does on my S, in the lounge.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm very tempted to buy the S but my day one unit has been near on flawless. Although I've probably just cursed it... That said, the Scorpio is shaping up nicely and I'm pretty excited for it. We should soon start to see some news about games that are going to be released at launch with it and a bit more about the new features.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Having issues with my wireless, randomly will just say "connecting" in parties and drop me from games.
Thinking I might hardwire it, anyone seen an improvement of hardwired over wireless?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My connection is so much better now it's hard wired (not using power line adapters either).

Goliath I
Project Cars is free with Xbox Live this month.

Sebastien Loeb Rally is also only £7.50... Not bad, enjoying it so far.

Clio
Downloaded Project Cars, maybe I don't get it, but it seemed to have three directions. Straight, 45 degrees left and 45 degrees right and nothing else. s**t game.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Downloaded Project Cars, maybe I don't get it, but it seemed to have three directions. Straight, 45 degrees left and 45 degrees right and nothing else. s**t game.
Project cars is s**t unless you have a full driving rig. It takes ages to set it up for the controller and even then it's very hard. Wheel or nothing.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I'm very tempted to buy the S but my day one unit has been near on flawless. Although I've probably just cursed it... That said, the Scorpio is shaping up nicely and I'm pretty excited for it. We should soon start to see some news about games that are going to be released at launch with it and a bit more about the new features.
Also excited for the scorpio, have the day one xbox one atm but will be upgrading. Looking forward to e3 in july :)

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Conference is confirmed for Sunday June 11th. They said they are super excited about it, and I've also been reading from sources that its going to be great!

Event will be streamed live as usual.

I watch it every year, I get so excited about it :D

The bethesda conference for FO4 was epic :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
I watch it every year, I get so excited about it :smiley:

The bethesda conference for FO4 was epic :smile:

Me too! I watch every conference and take notes so I can make videos about it.

I get super excited! I usually end up taking a couple of days off work around E3 too. I know some people will think I'm an idiot for doing so, but I freaking love E3!

And yes, you can watch everything live on the Xbox. Usually streamed live on the Xbox events app on the Xbox or Twitch.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Anymore info on Scorpio?
The 'word' is that it's going to be pretty impressive and I would agree based on what I've heard. I just hope they can keep the retail price down (i.e. subsidise the hardware) and make it back on software sales (which is generally how these things work anyway). It will be interesting to see what else Microsoft bring to the table with Scorpio as well as a rather tasty hardware setup.

Audi S1
Dude. Calm down. - let me work my magic!

Firstly - I am assuming the games you downloaded and installed were digital downloads. So you have redeemed codes etc. Do not worry!

Now, on her Xbox, sign in as YOU.

Go to Settings.
Personalisation (on the left hand menu)
Then click on "My Home Xbox".

Then "Set this as my home Xbox".

Now you can SIGN OUT of YOUR gamer tag.

She will now be able to sign in as HERSELF and play all the games that you have accidentally associated with your own gamer tag without ever signing in as you!

Also - if YOU have Xbox live gold, she now has it by default because you have set her Xbox as YOUR "home Xbox".

Now on your own Xbox - sign in as her, set your Xbox as her "home Xbox" and now you can play any games associated with her account - and continue to use your Xbox live gold as normal.

There - done! Simple! You now both have access to both accounts games without having to log in to one another's account: ever!

Now go thank Microsoft for the best damn feature ever: "Family Share".

Also - I'm guessing you have an Xbox One S - it does not have a Kinect port like the original Xbox one. Microsoft have made this very clear! Simply go to Xbox.com and request a free adapter.

I hope this helps calm you down.

Now remember, if she buys a game digitally, you automatically have access to it on your own Xbox, and vice Versa. You also only need ONE gold account between you!

Happy now???

Woooo!

If anyone would like to massage my ego, subscribe to DeeKay86 on YouTube lol. www.YouTube.com/DeeKay86

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!
I do this with a friend of mine, half priced games FTW. Until his Mrs decides to buy him a game... which happens far to often.

Clio
Whats this about the Xbox 'netflix' type rental system for $9.99? About £8 a month for unlimited games which i work out is the equivalent of buying 2 a year. That can't be right?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Whats this about the Xbox 'netflix' type rental system for $9.99? About £8 a month for unlimited games which i work out is the equivalent of buying 2 a year. That can't be right?

Will only be select games so doubt there will be any recent releases on there

seems like a good idea to me tho

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I reckon I'll be signing upto the subscription. Am already a member of ea access.

I practically rent games anyway, play them for a month then chop them in at game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio
I very very rarely, if ever get to play a game from start to finish so if I can just dip in a few hours here and there on what takes my fancy at the time it seems like a good deal to me. I'm not fussed about new games either. So much so that one of the most played games recently has been the free 360 of Rayman Origins we downloaded.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I remember when love film I think it was did games rentals. It was brilliant.
I miss renting games :(.

Also gutted that horizon zero dawn is PS4 only. looks good!

Goliath I
I remember when love film I think it was did games rentals. It was brilliant.
I miss renting games 😧.

Also gutted that horizon zero dawn is PS4 only. looks good!
Was gonna mention Lovefilm. Had it for years and it was brilliant, something like 3 titles at home at one time for £10 a month!

Where's the current place to get cheap games? Want ghost recon wildlands as a download so im guessing a key or xbox credit will do. Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Where's the current place to get cheap games? Want ghost recon wildlands as a download so im guessing a key or xbox credit will do. Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You tried CDKeys?

Clio
Downloaded Sleeping Dogs on Gold the other night, only played an hour or so but think I liked it. Never heard of it before.

Downloads are always more expensive than hard copies which is odd!

I have so many games to play... Witcher 3 (complete edition all extras) which was under £20, Tittanfall 2 (story mode os pretty good!), giving Destiny a break, downloaded EVOLVE (free on gold this month) and have now got Ghost recon.

Im set for a while!!

Clio
If anyone is after a cheap xbox Costco are doing a One S 500gb minecraft package with Forza Horizon 3 for £199.99 delivered.

Ghost Recon is a blast! Died in many different ways so far! Actually laughed out loud when the guy i rescued got twatted by a car and died and i failed the mission!