ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Clio
Games with gold might be the greatest thing ever invented for a casual gamer not bothered in the latest games that much.
I smashed Ryse last night for a good 4-5 hours for free
I got Sleeping Dogs on the back burner
Rayman for the quick blast

Unless I really really want a game I don't think I'll ever buy one just to play.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Games with gold might be the greatest thing ever invented for a casual gamer not bothered in the latest games that much.

Unless I really really want a game I don't think I'll ever buy one just to play.

The EA access seems pretty good value for money too imo. I was tempted to do that but didn't bother seen as I've barely touched the xbox this year.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member

Was Ryse good?!
I downloaded it when it was in the deal but I don't usually stray for Destiny (looked good so downloaded with no real intention of playing haha), worth a good crack though?

Clio
The EA access seems pretty good value for money too imo. I was tempted to do that but didn't bother seen as I've barely touched the xbox this year.
I'll have to look in to the EA thing, I've seen in mentioned before.
Was Ryse good?!
I downloaded it when it was in the deal but I don't usually stray for Destiny (looked good so downloaded with no real intention of playing haha), worth a good crack though?
Really enjoying it, I think there is only 8 chapters and I did almost 5 last night. Bit of a button basher and I'm playing it on a pretty easy difficulty. For casual pick up and play its good.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone able to help..

Packed my xbox away whilst my room is being decorated, unpacked it and plugged into a different TV, and there is what i'd describe as controller lag.. playing COD and it's not smooth at all.. can't aim etc because it just jumps left to right but kind of stutters. Ideas??

@DeeKay86

Yaris Hybrid
Different TV?

Is it a TV with a large amount of latency? Have you set the TV to game mode?

That won't cause "stutters" but it will cause you to constantly over compensate with stick movements as you move the stick and it appears nothing happens so you move the stick some more. In reality something was happening, the screen just wasn't telling you it was happening immediately so you end up moving the stick more than you needed. Of course you then try to correct and the same thing occurs so you over-correct in both directions.

Also enabling game mode would disable the TV's processing like that motion enhancing stuff that invents frames to make the image appear smoother but can also make things look stuttery as some of my TV's have done with the writing that scrolls across news channels.

Also is the XO set up properly for the screen and not running at 50hz when it should be at 60hz or something like that?

Clio
Was playing Ryse and getting along alright and then all of a sudden I had to fight Commedus and the s**t jumped up to difficulty level 37. I hate it when s**t like that happens. Pretty sure I've not using the correct timing on the blocks but it is f**king me off.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Anyone able to help..

Packed my xbox away whilst my room is being decorated, unpacked it and plugged into a different TV, and there is what i'd describe as controller lag.. playing COD and it's not smooth at all.. can't aim etc because it just jumps left to right but kind of stutters. Ideas??

@DeeKay86

I didn't get a notification for this!

Agreed with Toypop - make sure the TV is set to "Game Mode" or whatever the equivalent is for your specific TV.

Honda. Tesla Someday
On another note - I've had EA access since it was in Beta and I think it's an amazing deal! Take a look at games available in the EA Access "vault", they are all full games to download and play for as long as you want.

When a new EA game comes out you get first dibs, a discount and also a free trial! It's brilliant!

Ive "upgraded" to the One S, mainly because i needed more HD space, my console is always travelling from work to home etc so less to carry is always better, as mentioned the power button is now a physical clicker, also the console has an IR blaster instead of it being on the kinect, means it can turn on/off the TV with the xbox power.

Also picked up Fallout 4 from CEX, came with an unclaimed code for Fallout 3, boom!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ive "upgraded" to the One S, mainly because i needed more HD space, my console is always travelling from work to home etc so less to carry is always better, as mentioned the power button is now a physical clicker, also the console has an IR blaster instead of it being on the kinect, means it can turn on/off the TV with the xbox power.

Also picked up Fallout 4 from CEX, came with an unclaimed code for Fallout 3, boom!!

Why didn't you just buy an external hard drive?

Fair enough to easier to carry around the way you did it though

Why didn't you just buy an external hard drive?

Fair enough to easier to carry around the way you did it though
Managed to get rid of mine before the left joystick packed in, and got a preowned one s in green for 70 quid more, cheaper than a new controller and an external drive [emoji2]

Honda. Tesla Someday
See the attached image! Time to book a day or two off!! I am so damn excited!

Attachments

• IMG_8604.JPG
    IMG_8604.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 89
What would be the easiest way of getting Aux or Bluetooth sound out of a One S? While im home i play on my Acer Pc monitor, obviously no speakers. Atm i have the a set of speakers (Aux input and Bluetooth) plugged into the controller jack, It works but pretty restrictive with the wire.

Honda. Tesla Someday
What would be the easiest way of getting Aux or Bluetooth sound out of a One S? While im home i play on my Acer Pc monitor, obviously no speakers. Atm i have the a set of speakers (Aux input and Bluetooth) plugged into the controller jack, It works but pretty restrictive with the wire.

Xbox One S to TV

Aux Out from TV to 3.5mm jack.

Done!

example of cable to use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D5H8KO2/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping to see something about a Forza Motorsport 7 next month then.

They need to bring back car clubs and customisable lobbies from Forza 4.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I think I might have the same.

When I play sound on tv it comes out the soundbar via Aux.
When I play xbox one it only comes out the tv.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

this is why I rent games. Play as long as i like, send back and then get the next new title. Sod paying circa £50-£60 for a game that I wont touch after completion.

Honda. Tesla Someday

You should try EA Access!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Don't forget guys - XBOX E3 Conference is on SUNDAY.

At 10pm I think - stream it live in 4K on Mixer.

Remember to sign up to mixer beforehand so you can log in on the night!!

In case you didn't know - Mixer is the new name for Beam.