ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thin and runny snow foam

Clio 182 Cup
I have a nilfisk C125.3-8 pressure washer which is stated as having a 520L/hour flow rate. Also using an inch of AB magifoam topped up with warm water to just under half of the 1L bottle and the resulting foam is pretty useless, majority of it running off within seconds down the road and driveway. No matter what settings I use on the lance the consistency of the foam doesn't change.

Will a Autobrite HD lance make any difference?

Cheers

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It is a ebay special! Around 25 pound I think it cost me

I dont mean to be offensive (I dont know your experience level etc). Its not a foaming bottle that comes with pressure washers?

If its a proper lance, being a cheap one shouldnt matter really. Try tilting it on its side when you spray, not sure why but I get thicker foam doing this.

Definatley tried all the settings on the nozzle etc?

Clio 182 Cup
Not very old at all, used it about 5 or 6 times over 3 months. I have tried 4 different foams, AB magifoam and Superfoam, iron x snow soap and a cheap demonshine snow foam.

No it's not the chemical bottle that come with the pressure washer, I have experimented with the + and - settings and various different nozzle settings with no change.

Clio 182 Cup
I was thinking maybe not enough of the mixture was being sucked up but it seems to empty pretty quickly, will check this properly tomorrow

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
99% sure it will be the gauze at fault. I had the same issue. I stripped mine down and soaked the gauze in a descaler over night and it's been spot on ever since.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I have and had this... Boiled and then soaked the gauze in white vinegar overnight. It worked fine for two uses and now its back to being rubbish. I think even though I rinse the lance through the magifoam is causing this.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement gauze cheap? Autobrite wants £6 without delivery which seems fairly astronomical in the grand scheme of things.

clio 172 cup
i had the same problem, i add a little extra magifoam and don't wet the car first. Seems to work a lot better.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I was using an ebay special for ages, then I got the Autobrite HD lance and it was loads better!

Clio 182 Cup
Cheers everyone for the help, cleaned and soaked gauze and shortened the pick up tube as it was too long and the nozzle was sitting flat at the bottom of the bottle. Trying it out tomorrow and if that doesn't work autobrite is about a mile up the road and I'll pick up one of their lances.