ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took a 172 owner for a spin

I saw an older chap park up near me earlier with another 172 and had a quick chat as you do :) I was surprised to see his had built in sat nav!? Didn't even know that was an option.

Anyway, as my 172 was round the corner I showed him that too, and he asked to go for a spin so he could hear the decat ktec exhaust and Ramair. He was shocked how loud it was compared to his standard car. Think I scared the poor guy haha.

I told him about cliosport.net so hopefully I've recruited another member.

Haha nice one, love taking people out for scare rides. I bough a car recently and scared the sh*t out of the owner, didn't even get out of 3rd and took a few roundabouts at a half decent pace and the poor guy was hanging on for dear life. Not sure his sciatica pillow helped him either as it flew off into the back seat by the time we got back, lol.

Haha nice one, love taking people out for scare rides. I bough a car recently and scared the sh*t out of the owner, didn't even get out of 3rd and took a few roundabouts at a half decent pace and the poor guy was hanging on for dear life. Not sure his sciatica pillow helped him either as it flew off into the back seat by the time we got back, lol.

Haha yeah me too! The feedback I've had from others have said I am a machine when demonstrating my car to them :smile: The guy I took for a spin earlier asked me to slow down (I was barely doing 60 in a 60 limit but got there as quickly as possible,lol).

Was this experience in the Celica? The VVTLi thrives on high revs - I took one for a test drive a few years back.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
What you mean on the test drive?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They're rare with satnav. Mine has one in too, 1 of 10 in black gold ever with satnav.
Think 52 overall had satnav but don't hold me yo that

They're rare with satnav. Mine has one in too, 1 of 10 in black gold ever with satnav.
Think 52 overall had satnav but don't hold me yo that

Is the sat nav any good? looked like it had a different dash because it needed to fit in the larger screen too.

I was surprised as this one was an '03 172 so it wasn't even the most modern one they made (i.e the 182).

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I never use it because it's out of date back to 2004 haha. Its not the best tbh, kind of annoying as it comes on with the ignition automatically and there's no way to stop it from doing it that I can see.

It has a larger top dash centre section correct. Few photos in my build thread

I never use it because it's out of date back to 2004 haha. Its not the best tbh, kind of annoying as it comes on with the ignition automatically and there's no way to stop it from doing it that I can see.

Haha I did wonder if it would be out of date. Even the maps on my Garmin are out of date as I haven't updated it since 2016 :smile:

It's still cool to have just because it's rare I reckon. I used to own a silver 172 cup and liked the fact that that was a rare car too.

I will check out your build thread, cheers!

You can buy the discs for them, but they aren't usually cheap. The system is made by carminat.

Is the sat nav any good? looked like it had a different dash because it needed to fit in the larger screen too.

I was surprised as this one was an '03 172 so it wasn't even the most modern one they made (i.e the 182).
It's pants lol!! You can't put postcodes in for a start, and once you've put a destination in, you can't just turn it off.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, asked his permission before hand obviously, just said I'd need to see it lift properly in low gears and take it around a few corners to make sure nothing was worn and needed replacing, lol.
Ah right, fair enough.
I remember selling my Corsa VXR some Asian guy made me an offer over the phone which I accepted, he got the train to Derby from Bradford (surprise surprise). He asked for a test drive which is fair enough, provided proof of insurance etc, we both got in the car and before I could even put my belt on, he proceeded to rev the s**t out of it and accelerate up to easily 50-60mph in a 30 past my house. Was not f**king impressed!! So yeah, he then tried to knock me down £100 and he ended up buying a return train ticket. If he hadn't acted like an absolute arsehole I would have let it go.

So yeah, that's why I was surprised when I read your first comment haha

Ah right, fair enough.
I remember selling my Corsa VXR some Asian guy made me an offer over the phone which I accepted, he got the train to Derby from Bradford (surprise surprise). He asked for a test drive which is fair enough, provided proof of insurance etc, we both got in the car and before I could even put my belt on, he proceeded to rev the s**t out of it and accelerate up to easily 50-60mph in a 30 past my house. Was not f**king impressed!! So yeah, he then tried to knock me down £100 and he ended up buying a return train ticket. If he hadn't acted like an absolute arsehole I would have let it go.

No, no I'd respectfully ask if i could rag your car.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, fair enough.

He genuinely walked away over £100 ??

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
He genuinely walked away over £100 ??
Yeah, first class prick! Worst part is that I was already letting it go at my absolute lowest price and I made that clear to him well before he came. I had advertised the car honestly so there was no way he could justify still bartering the price, so I told him to get lost.

I sold it a week later for my original asking price so happy days.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Standard chopper from Bradford really, always expect money off.
Silly c**t probably spent more than that in train tickets and lost time, £100 is neither here nor there.