ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torque pro android app

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Just wondered if anyone has tried this? Will it work with a clio 182? I've already tried searching the forum but nothing came up.

I'm just looking at it for a bit of fun not as a serious tuning or diagnostic tool. I've already got a performance box so i'm not looking to replace that. A phone won't be able to plot circuit maps with as much info and a few tests have shown a phone to be a few tenths off a performance box (although they suggested that was down to their poor phone mounting).

For about £15 all in for the app and one of those ebay blue tooth obd2 readers (I'm finding it very hard to find negative feedback regarding their function) it seems worth a try. At £13 delivered they are almost throw away although the uk sellers seem to offer a returns policy which i was looking for as advised by the torque bluetooth wiki.

It cost me over £14 to put 10 litres in the car today and £16 to take my wife to the cinema on the weekend! So it would be a cheap way to waste a few hours and maybe learn a little about the car.

Like i said considering this as a toy not a serious tool so opinons for that use please!

Thanks!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I have one and it works fine on the 1*2's. In fact it's excellent tbh. I've used it to read and reset the fault codes on about 6 different cars now without any issues. One of the best things I've bought for my phone:).

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I'm assuming he has an ELM327 type one off of ebay. I found a seller on there based in the UK that offers a 2 month repair/refund and 12month repair warranty on them. I'm testing mine on monday on my works van before the clio so i'll post back here if all goes ok. I'm sure someone on here said the clio speaks KW2000 which the cheapo units seem to cover. i'm not an expert so i could be wrong.

Fingers crossed. If it all goes i've not spent much and the faults seemed to be limited to the bluetooth signal dropping out all the time or strange sensor readings. so not the end of the world.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
It all works fine but the clio's ecu is a little bit slow. Worked well enough to use a shiftlight app i bought for 60p at a recent sprint which also worked brilliantly.

A.N. Other
Quick Q: They recently updated the software, and I think i've only got the basic free app. Do I need to buy the full one to be able to read fault codes? I was browsing the software and couldn't see the option there, although I wasn't connected to the code reader at the time.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Quick Q: They recently updated the software, and I think i've only got the basic free app. Do I need to buy the full one to be able to read fault codes? I was browsing the software and couldn't see the option there, although I wasn't connected to the code reader at the time.

You didn't need to buy it when I had the demo but for the price of a pint you might as well get it. It makes it better!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Tried connecting my Android Torque pro app to the ELM327 OBD2 adaptor, and it connects to the OBD 2 but not to the ECU

Any ideas? - had a couple faults on the OBD reader, which clear themselves

suggestions rather than using the ELM 327 adaptor interface

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
the OBB 2 adapters sold on ebay all say after 2001.... mines a 2000 December build 172 phase 1 Clio, wonder if there some issue there?

Ayone got a giagnostic tool that works on a phase 1?

focus st3
I have similar faults with a wireless 327,it connects to the Cupra straight away but wont connect to my st.Tried it on my bosses Merc and had the same problem?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
All the cheap ones use hacked codes and interfaces so they can be patchy.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
All the cheap ones use hacked codes and interfaces so they can be patchy.
So buying another ELM 327 may work? My torque pro app can connect to the ELM 327, its just not connecting via that to the ECU
Could either buy (Or borrow :) a cable handset and try that, (As said they all seem to say not pre 2001 on ebay for some reason) or just buy another interface, if people are having no probs connecting

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They all say pre-2001 because thats roughly around when OBD2 came in, prior to that the codes were all manufacturer specific so generic stuff doesn't understand them.
Might be worth getting another adaptor, but have you tried using your current one on someone elses car first to check it works ok??

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
They all say pre-2001 because thats roughly around when OBD2 came in, prior to that the codes were all manufacturer specific so generic stuff doesn't understand them.
Might be worth getting another adaptor, but have you tried using your current one on someone elses car first to check it works ok??

will try on another motor- thanks