ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Totoro" Ongoing project

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Afternoon All,

i've had my clio for about a year now, and i've finally going that little bit further from an airfilter and an exhaust, i've covered 30k miles since i bought her last june.

I will hopefully get some photos up a little bit later, at the moment i have the following things planned for her

Cooksports on Cup shockers
PMS topmounts
PMS gear linkage
Oreca Group N

the dephasers started making a bit noise so it will be off to get the belts done, hopefully by the end of the month.

I'm still in debating with myself whether to strip or not, to gain a bit of boot space

Cheers

Joe

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
a few photos of where she stands at the moment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403972988.214126.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403973003.306618.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403973015.636132.jpg

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Good evening all, i've had the first of my deliveries today which came in the shape of a 5 and a half foot box
2hezkzk.jpg

so up the car went onto the ramps, got the old stealth system off, which was a pita.

started fitting the Group N and ended up having to remove the rear bumper, which was an excuse to give it a tidy out.

2lau1ld.jpg

so all fitted now and sound 100x better

2r76p6p.jpg

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Spirited away character?

But I'm confused why it is related to the car in question. If I'm honest.

My neighbour Totoro, its a name thats stuck, im one for naming my cars, usually when i name a car, it ends up the car lasting a max of 4/5 months, this one is currently at just over a year and going stronger than ever

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Ah, apologies, I'm not up on my studio Ghibli it appears. :)

well it was either Totoro or Clarissa, but seeing as i've had her for a year now, a bit of a birthday treat was in order :)

RB182
I know those exhaust are supposed to be the dogs.... but will it even pass an mot seeing it protrudes past the bodywork lmao :p

Got on oreca on mine too its the dogs! Sticks out loads though like yours haha I love it! Plans sound good!

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Unless the garage is very uptight it shouldn't cause a problem, I'll be fitting the decat today, and I am supposed to have something else arriving so I'm quite excited, will hopefully have an update tonight :)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
All of my parts have now been ordered, my conservatory is going to be very busy for the next week or so,

au7cp4.png

Oreca is now all fitted and the car has never sounded better,

Last edited by a moderator:

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Off to BTM in the morning for the Cambelt and dephaser, and hopefully over the next week all of my PMS parts should be arriving, to be fitted in time for the ace on 21st :clap:

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Back from BTM, Cambelts sorted, timing was out, seized idler, and also sorted my power steering leak and squeaky pads, absolutely amazing work. it was worth every penny. will definitely be going back, just waiting on all of my suspension and gear linkage now :)

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Pms stuff is awesome but the shifter is really awesome. Especially to drive with :)

best mod I've done so far

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I know those exhaust are supposed to be the dogs.... but will it even pass an mot seeing it protrudes past the bodywork lmao :p

I'm not sure I've seen one stick out that far before TBH.

And it's nothing - on the westie part of the manifold is outside of the bodywork, and the rest.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Nice plans so far. You should really fit spacers though. Car looks ridiculous once lowered on cooksports and cup shocks. Needs the wheels to fill the arch a little better.

RB182
I'm not sure I've seen one stick out that far before TBH.

And it's nothing - on the westie part of the manifold is outside of the bodywork, and the rest.

Yea. We had a megablade same deal. But on that the mani and can were still not the furthest thing sticking out, the wheel arches were. ;)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Pms stuff is awesome but the shifter is really awesome. Especially to drive with :)

best mod I've done so far

i ordered all my Pms stuff at the start of the month and i can't wait for it to come, need to get my new shockers on :)

Nice plans so far. You should really fit spacers though. Car looks ridiculous once lowered on cooksports and cup shocks. Needs the wheels to fill the arch a little better.

they will come in time, i've just never been one for trusting them, i thought it puts too much stress on the hubs?

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
An F40 with fuq'd fuel bags costs less to run than a woman.

Needs less maintenance too.

my shocks have finally been dispatched and my PMS Kit should be with me on Thursday so the build can commence shortly

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
A little mid week update:

PMS Kit arrived this morning, and I got a bit excited so up on the ramps she went,
So far I have the gearlinkage on and by gosh it is amazing.

All the new suspension should be going on on Saturday :)
ehenajud.jpg

I'm more excited than a kid getting the millennium falcon at Christmas! :)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I've finally got round to getting more images up since fitting the rest of my PMS kit, and I've got to say it is a completely different car now, an absolute monster, so now I'll let the pictures do the talking :)

i
agunu5ab.jpg
i have a little bit of a feeling that spacers may be needed now, there is just too much arch gap.
2eba8y5y.jpg

Changing the front shocks was an absolute PITA, as i had to keep faffing about to get everything lined up correctly, after this i took it for a Hunter 4 wheel alignment and to my amazement it was only 4 minutes out. although the steering wheel looked as if it had just had a weekend on the town.
epe5ujuv.jpg

Finally got the PMS top mount and strut bar kit fitted and my god, its just point and shoot :p
a6ysutyg.jpg

I went up to the csoc meet and Milton Keynes and forgot my car was a lot lower and ended up reversing into the curb and bent my new group n :(
8ugyvary.jpg

And here is how she's sitting at the moment
y7udysuj.jpg

I've just booked my self onto a trackday for a little birthday treat for myself later this month.

Last edited:

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
9a4ybe3u.jpg

So the birthday presents to myself have started arriving :) after fitting an ARB the cornering has completely changed absolutely gorgeous

sume7a9e.jpg

The parents got me a new wheel :)

Need to stay off the PMS website till payday otherwise I won't make it to the end of the month ;)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
there has been a lack up updates but i'd say this is going to be quite a big one,
the first part is a little 21st birthday treat to myself,10698234_451789811627391_421328457_o.jpg

ended up working through the night to get these fitted, could say a was a wee bit excited getting these in the post10685197_452428014896904_1942706712_n.jpg

been a pita trying to get them to balance properly, but she's booked in to EFI on wednesday :clap:

Got on the phone to R-sport and got a pair of these ordered.Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 22.11.09.jpg

My Steering wheel finally got fitted :rasp: Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 22.11.44.jpg
Getting some Mirco seats via the Cliosport Group Buy

i finally got a chance to get out on the track so jumped in at the depend for an evening at snetterton, not going to lie, but i am hooked on it.

and finally next month i'm off to Mark fish to get a cage fitted :)

Been a busy 2 months so far

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
All is going well so far :rasp: Efi did an amazing job with the mapping. got 5 runs all topping 198.7 bhp considering its done 112k so far its doing really well.
Dyno run.jpg

The Spec list so far:

112k 172
K-tec Dth ITB kit
Oreca Group. N with Decat
Magnecor Leads

Cup shocks
cooksport springs
PMS top mounts and strut brace

PMS shifter
Gearbox refurbed at agency with a 33/37 5th gear

Turinis refurbed in Clio anthracite