ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Car electrical fault.

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
I have been building this track / potential rally car for a few months now and have been suffering from an electrical fault.

basically ive replaced the full car loom uch ecu and key / barrel lock.
connected everything up, all earth's I believe are good, and battery has been replaced.
upon trying to turn the car over i hear a clicking from the left hand side interior of the car, immobiliser light goes out starter seems like its spining and engaging but doesn't fire up.
I do however here a buzzing noise from the throttle body and upon closer inspection see the throttle body flapping a bit.
so changed the throttle body exactly the same thing.
gone to the fuses / relays and noticed a bit of clicking there so removed the relay and noticed the throttle body stops whining.
tried a different relay same effect.
so next port of call was the fuse and i started to wiggle a few wires noise stopped. take my hand off noise starts again. so i removed the blue 15amp fuse and noticed the blades seem to move quite a bit.
this coupled with a rusted up relay is sending me in circles. Ordered a few new parts so hopefully this sorts it out. just wondered if anyone else has the same problem??

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
when you say the starter is spinning, is it actually turning the engine over?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Is the fuel pump priming?
Pull the line off the inlet and check for fuel, otherwise check the multi plug to the rear of the car that's in the passenger footwell as the fuel pump wiring goes from that to the fuel pump.

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
Yes mate fuel pump is priming loud and clear. so cant be that.
its definitely a wiring or relay issue as i thought it maybe. so ordered some new relays.
other than that im stumped really