ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Car......what to do next?

2004 Clio 182
Right.......sorry for the potential duplicate post but there so many different responses and issues on other threads that I just thought id start one for myself to get some advice.
Bought a bog standard 182 non cup car few months ago for track use........ it needs to stay road legal but I honestly couldn't care less about how harsh or rough etc it feels on the road, I've only got to drive it there and back at the end of the day.
So far done two full days at Lydden Hill and must admit its a awesome little thing to hoon about but id like to start getting it a little more track orientated. Hoping to do Brands at some point next month.

Its currently got CUP Shocks, Sportline Springs, Whiteline ARB (very interesting in the wet :)), HC Discs front OEM rear, DS3000 pads front, OEM rear, engine left as is other than cone filter induction kit and scorpion decat exhaust, interior semi stripped (i'll maybe go full bore through the winter but didn't want to do half a job and leave bits hanging out everywhere just yet), Got/getting Uni royal wets for the 16" standard wheels, turbines and vegas 15" for track tyres (not the best wheels I know especially as I boiled the paint on the turbines but I love a bit of old skool wheelage) think that's it so far.

I don't have a massive budget but at the same time id rather spend a little extra to do it right if you get what I mean. Have found possibly a cheap B14 setup local but bit dubious about secondhand coilovers especially because of cost but hey. Some say that the whiteline ARB in the wet is a b*****d (it is) but its good fun, but open to suggestions.

thanks for the read any help appreciated

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Spend it on suspension. Get everything polybushed. Set of b14 or bc racing coilovers with solid top mounts, whiteline rarb and a track geo setup for 15's (ditch the 16's) and it will be a lot more fun on track. :up:

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Regards the whiteline rarb some people undo it in the wet. I haven't tried that yet. The only time I've lost the back end was in the p****** rain with it still engaged.

2004 Clio 182
It's a completely different car in the wet. Got a tiny steering wheel which made even more interesting to keep on top off. Busy little thing in the wet. I like it though, keeps you on your toes and let's be fair on track days fun is the main thing I guess.