ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track time

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah would be good to be out at once.

Im after the 2 open pitlane sessions and a few 15 mins sessions so would sooner book through the club if they are doing it so the organisers can see the club supporting the event as much as possible.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I'm interested in doing some track time chip but not really been on track much.
Mind you don't know what car I we be bringing yet.

WRX
Looks like somebody needs to get a group buy type thing sorted. After getting Paypaled.
CF34DEF2-014A-49AA-9932-EBBB18B92DEF-1094-000001DBE9110836.jpg

Last edited:
  107 Track Car & C4
I'd be interested in doing 1 or 2 15min sessions. Will I need to bring my own helmet or can will you be able to rent them on the day? Never been on track before, so should be a relaxed environment for my first go :)

Audi A5
I'd be interested in doing 1 or 2 15min sessions. Will I need to bring my own helmet or can will you be able to rent them on the day? Never been on track before, so should be a relaxed environment for my first go :)

If you want a relaxed enviornment for your first time out, don't do this. People usually go out all guns blasing as they've only got 15 mins to have a blast. For a relaxed environment book a normal open pit lane track day or one of the novice days that msv do.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As per the replies above, you cant get them on here, we will all have to each go to the FCS site and book them.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Prices and booking released now, £25 a session or £75 for a 120 minute open pit lane session either morning or afternoon.

​Sponsered by CookSport.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive booked a few sessions and one of the open pitlanes, should be a good day hopefully :)

I wonder how smoothly the open pit lane joining and leaving is going to go though.

Audi A5
I wonder how many cars they allow in each open pit lane group. Probably not allowed more than a normal track day I suspect so it might be quite a relaxed environment as far as 'show track days' go.

As for the £25 sessions, I expect them to be madness lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The 25 pounds sessions are only 20 cars per session, so on a 2 mile long track I dont think it will be madness at all, im used to be out on action days with twice that number or sometimes even more.

Audi A5
Thats not too bad then. Last one I Did was at lydden hill and their must of been 20+ cars on track at once and that circuit is only 1 mile long. That day was madness, never again.

Audi A5
I do enjoy being around others and chasing cars down but when its too busy it just get rediculous, people start getting impatient and start driving Like tw@ts, over taking in corners and brake zones.

RS
The 25 pounds sessions are only 20 cars per session, so on a 2 mile long track I dont think it will be madness at all, im used to be out on action days with twice that number or sometimes even more.

Any idea how many cars are normally on for the Castle Combe Spring and Summer Action Days?

RS
40ish I reckon.

This'll be empty then! I hadn't booked any due to needing a new clutch, however I now have the option to have a 2 hour open bit from a friend who's engine has gone pop, or a 15 minute session from a friend who is taking their car off the road when his insurance is up at the end of this month.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Last time I heard the stats 25% of trackday accidents resulting in damage happened at quarry corner.

Thats not a stat for combe, its a stat for the UK!

Personally its more likely I will crash at camp, quarry generally just catches out the noobs, its camp that wipes out the veterans.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
What do we reckon about the open pit sessions ?

How many cars on track at one time and how many queuing ? Seen it done at Goodwood a couple of time and people were queuing for the best part of an hour ! Id imagine there will be more out on track as its Combe though.

107 Track Car & C4
It may be staring me in the face, but, do we need to bring our Counterpart Driving Licences with us for the track time?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not usually at Combe you just put your driving licence number on a form you fill in, although may be different for FCS

107 Track Car & C4
I can't see it anywhere on the yellow form, but I take it anyway I think, just to be safe.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not usually at Combe you just put your driving licence number on a form you fill in, although may be different for FCS

Depends on the day, on the Ford RS Owners club days they insist on both parts.

As its FCS though I doubt they will give a monkeys if you have a license or not.