ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 147

RS2'd Trophy
Hi all,

I purchased his Clio trophy from Steve at R-Sport cars. As soon as I had driven it and the reputation Steve has created on the CS forum I knew that this was the car although it wasnt perfect mainly because it was factory spec. 6 months down the line and I have dialed out a fair few of the little niggles however there are a few parts I wish to purchase and fit before the ring trip in June.

Spec as it stands
Engine
Standard Trophy Spec
Genuine HKS air filter
Mandrel 90degree bend + samco 90dgree bend
JMS remap + Pops and Bangs
Ktec Ultra Exhaust
Ktec Baffled Decat
GMC Lambda Sleeve

Brakes
Brembo HC discs
DS2500 Pads
5.1 Fluid

Suspension
Standard Trophy Sachs dampers unpinned
Eibach Proline springs
AST Top Mounts
Eibach Camber bolts
Geo by RAT developments

Styling
Yellow Foglights
Ktec Carbon Splitter
Ktec Exhaust Surrounds
Streamline Carbon Number plates

So far I am very happy with it and it handles a treat however it still isnt perfect, so intend on doing the following:
Future Additions
RD Wheel Studs
Blox Racing Chromoly Lug Nuts
JMS Spacers
Ktec Rear toe / Camber shims
Whiteline ARB
Polybushings
Rear Bearing Kit
Nardi deep dish steering wheel
Takata Harness
1 Bride or Recaro SPG seat + Recaro Rail
MSV Bolt In Cage + Harness Bar in Capsicum red
888's

Possible if a set of front dampers come up cheap conversion to a coilover spring 2.5 ID

Some pictures of how it stands after a hella clean today!
DSC02719.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

Previous Cars I have built
EM1 Civic Coupe
DSC02686.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

Saxo VTR then S
DSC01835-1.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC02002.jpg

All comments are welcome
James

RS2'd Trophy
I remember that Saxo! Didnt you sell it for the Honda? :)

I did lol. I got bored with the stance game and decided to go back to having a car that could take a corner quicker than 30mph lol.

Were you on the saxosportsclub?

Audi TT 3.2
trophy looks great and a good spec.

Not keen on the yellow fogs though
Im also going to the ring in june!

RS2'd Trophy
Everone is anti yellow fog lol. Possibly the JDM in me ;)

What date in June? Were off to lemans first then to the ring. its going to be epic!

Disastra Coupe
Ah, i remember you lol. Met you at a SaxP meet once iirc?

Car looks tasty, not a fan of the fog's though!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
how does the handling feel with the sportlines fitted mate? Have you thought of upgrading the rear shocks to fully adjustable?

Sounds a similar spec to what mine will be apart from mine is a bit more of a luxury car inside :)

p.s I also remember the saxo, think I wanted to buy the tailgate off it at one point when you were busting it

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Also have you got any side on pics just so I can guage the drop from the eibach springs

RS2'd Trophy
how does the handling feel with the sportlines fitted mate? Have you thought of upgrading the rear shocks to fully adjustable?

Sounds a similar spec to what mine will be apart from mine is a bit more of a luxury car inside :)

p.s I also remember the saxo, think I wanted to buy the tailgate off it at one point when you were busting it

There the prolines mate so hardly a drop over standard. It has got more of an aggressive stance so I would envisage around a 10mm drop? good upgrade though!
I will be going for the MF koni shocks at some point chap.

what air intake is that mate?
Its a HKS mushroom Evo filter with a hard pipe bend, samco bend and a alu heatshield

Clio 172
JamesT87;There the prolines mate so hardly a drop over standard. It has got more of an aggressive stance so I would envisage around a 10mm drop? good upgrade though! I will be going for the MF koni shocks at some point chap. [SPOILER said:
[/SPOILER]

Its a HKS mushroom Evo filter with a hard pipe bend, samco bend and a alu heatshield
How do you find it compared to standard air box?

RS2'd Trophy
It has free'd it up no end up top however some of the low down grunt will have been lost. It is worth it for the sound alone.