ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 220- Opinions...

RS280EDC
Really impressive lap mate, nice and tidy and was keeping up with the big boys. Actually quite liked the exhaust noise too! Curious to see how a Trophy lap compares.
The Trophy is more driver focused much better at high speed thro the flowing stuff.The 200t is a bit too soft on the front end but still a good car for 98% of the time

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
This is best MK4 I've seen tbh

Taken off of faceache

A2DD4501-BC66-4E17-9B3D-82C0E0941D8C_zpsf92n8flw.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's just a standard one with a gay spoiler isn't it? Spoiler ruins it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It's just a standard one with a gay spoiler isn't it? Spoiler ruins it.
Front tinted windows, black diamond and aftermarket spoiler..... I think they all look the same lol hence the absolute need for something like different wheels.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
For what reason?

For me the issue with the MK4's was they never really stood out against the standard MK4 clio as many people of said unless its pointed out its a RS at a Glace you might not even notice it was the top of the range RS version (Bar LY Cars), at least by adding the Cup racer spoiler and bit of "attitude" in stance and the front splitter it actually looks to me like abit more of Flagship model.

Was surely one of the reasons the RS.16 concept was so well received also as its finally looked like what people thought the RS models should look like and for me the car above goes some way towards that

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Front tinted windows, black diamond and aftermarket spoiler..... I think they all look the same lol hence the absolute need for something like different wheels.

Hardly pimp my ride different then! :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
For me the issue with the MK4's was they never really stood out against the standard MK4 clio as many people of said unless its pointed out its a RS at a Glace you might not even notice it was the top of the range RS version (Bar LY Cars), at least by adding the Cup racer spoiler and bit of "attitude" in stance and the front splitter it actually looks to me like abit more of Flagship model.

Was surely one of the reasons the RS.16 concept was so well received also as its finally looked like what people thought the RS models should look like and for me the car above goes some way towards that
Completely agree, they could have done the RS 16 exterior with a breathed on 200t engine to show everyone it's different. I've had the Media Nav Mk4 model and there's not much difference at a glance.

Again everything's a matter of opinion but I think the Cup spoiler is a tad too oversized for the road going Clio, it looks at home on the Cup race cars with the livery, cage etc. I'm not totally against the spoiler but think the EDC needs more than just the spoiler to pull it off, like a set of OZ Ultraleggeras.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The lad that has that LY 200t above used to have a 200 but binned it. Wasn't a fan of the glued on extra bits on either to be honest.
They need some RS16 arches or something IMO. Just not different enough from a Dynamique.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't understand the issue personally - never not noticed one when I've seen one.
They have different bumpers, wheels, spoiler, side skirts.... Hmm does that remind me of every Clio incarnation since the ph2? :)

The Megane 2's didn't even get side skirts!

Are you saying they are not different enough or just not aggressive enough? The fact they dialled it back a bit is in keeping with their new stance on the whole mk4 philosophy isn't it?

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
The funny thing is, is that as soon as manufacturers make a car look a bit lairy people start whinging it's not understated!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Civic type r fk8
Parked next to fiesta st today that looked pretty bland compared to my trophy,it looked about 6 inches higher.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Here's a few more pics of it.
Looks pretty good to me.

c1dcf4a54e88e5005e126fe215b01240.png

ba2bad7b57799ad7b6c435d250b9113c.png

781fe685749c4548776de7717d93199f.png

99b26aeb5e77ea1cd9babee796216b1f.png

d0e73f937143e2751ae373c2cabfdb22.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said, it could do with aftermarket wheels. The spoiler is a bit shouty but it does make it stand-out and gives it a bit more aggression. Someone seriously needs to rip-off the RS.16 wheel arches.