ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini's

Hello chaps, I have had a set of Turini's powder coated... I say a set but they are not the same, two are off a trophy (larger centre caps and wider wheels) and two are standard off a normal clio.
The tyres I have are on the normal 182 wheels.

Can I use the tyres I have already on my new wheels? Where would you put the trophy wheels, front or back? Will the trophy wheels need different tyres? Will the narrower 6.5" wheels need diff tyres?

Hard to explain. Basically the tyres I have are PS3's all pretty new still, I need to know if they will be good on diff rims, or do I need to save for new ones again. £140 a boot is no joke.

The two sets of two turini have diff offsets, diff widths, but all came off a clio.

Had them powdercoated six months ago and they are just sat in my boiler room wasted. I want them on the car now.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’m pretty sure the tyre size was 195/40/16 for a 172 cup and maybe 205/40/16 for the trophy. I know a popular mod is to fit the 205 tyres so they should be the same. Although to be fair I thought the widths were the same whether trophy or cup wheels so maybe I’m wrong.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go cup offset at the front for the wider track. 205/45/16 or 195s will work on either trophy or cup offset turinis. Personal preference really.

Great stuff. So the trophy wheels on the back which are 7" wide, the cups on the front which are 6.5". Tyres on the standard 182 wheels now... Would you rotate them at all? They have been where they are since new, about a year an half old, fronts are obviously more worn than backs. All still got loads of tread left because I don't drive it everyday.
All I need on it then are some decent brake pads, and maybe a caliper refurb, might tackle that one myself

Definitely two diff widths. Pics for proof.

IMG_3241.JPG
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3244.JPG

I don't know mate. There is a renault diamond on one of the spokes, also GORD... Off a Gordini of some make? Could they be off a twingo or something? Are they going to be good on my car? Still none the wiser to be honest.

IMG_3245.JPG
IMG_3246.JPG
IMG_3247.JPG
IMG_3248.JPG

2014 Clio 200t edc
They might be Renault accessory parts having a Renault badge on them, because I’m sure the twingo wheels were 15”.

So where for what then? 6.5" et43 and 7" et45. I always thought the wider trophy wheels would be better on the front. When I think about offset and width together it melts my brain.

Also, the centre caps. The trophy caps are noticably larger and with larger diamonds. I painted them black/gold same as the car. Really I want them the same as the wheels so the size difference is less noticable. How would I go about matching the colour? Or how much would a paintshop charge?

Soz about all the questions :D

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Matching pairs per axle. I doubt you will notice a difference where either are fitted.

Id start looking for a matching set so you have 7j all round. See the occasional single trophy wheel come up