ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV - Looking for one for <£400 - Talk to me?

Chaps, and ladies.

I'm decorating my new house and need a new TV. I've NEVER ever bought a TV before so I "know nothing" (John Snow). Just that we don't need anything too fancy like a curved glass or 60 incher. We only use our current one to watch Freeview and Netflix via the xbox.

Not sure if this will get me any closer to deciding on one but thought I'd give it a go as this forum can be a gold mine.

So has anyone come across any bargains/deals at the moment??

- Needs to have built in freeview (do all TVs have this? seen some say TVplus?)
- Be smart and ideally have WIFI connection if posssible to connect easily to Netflix. Can always carry on using the Xbox if not.
- Ideally have USB slots in the side to watch films from a USB
- Needs ports for HDMI and the usual, which I assume all TVs have anyway.

Talk to me if so.

Cheers

Just get one from one of the supermarkets if you need it quickly cause if it breaks within the warranty period, they just swap it there and then, or even better sign up with Very and get one from there as they have great deals on, we got a Panasonic 42" 4K smart TV for £279 with the new member discount code, think it was 20% off at the time, the exchange process with Very is horrendous though...

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'll be in the same boat soon as my tv likes to suddenly have night vision, and a barcode along the bottom.

What are the main technical specs to look for? £400 is probably a similar budget for me too.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
HISENSE are worth a look too. Chinese brand but don't be put off, they're pretty highly rated.
You'll end up with a lot more spec for your money.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I recently bought a Hisense m3300 more than happy with it, has Netflix app built in etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To be fair my last TV was a 10 year old SONY, was still going strong, and still is with my brother.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
If john Lewis or richer sounds sell the same TV you want, then price match it and get better customer service, better product knowledge and get a 6 year warranty.

Listerine & Poledo
If john Lewis or richer sounds sell the same TV you want, then price match it and get better customer service, better product knowledge and get a 6 year warranty.
In fairness, RS give you a 5 year warranty, and if you find a rep in there who doesn't know what they're on about, you've got the new starter.

Listerine & Poledo
Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Panasonic etc all still at the top end of the chain? ie nothing wrong with the big brands which ever way you go..
Toshiba aren't exactly AAA rated now.
Panasonic, LG, Samsung, SONY.... those you can't go far wrong with....in my experience.