ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3s.
195/50/R15

Superb grip, and long lasting too :)

edit: im sure there wasnt a poll up there ^ when i posted! Heh

PE2's Had conti's on my old 172, changed to PE2's loads better. Got PE2's on my 182, and what can I say..........they keep me on the road:)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
Stunners from Halfords, best tyres available

PMSL .. even beter than the A539's...!!!!

Fred admit defeat PE2 "Best all round road tyre"

A539's nil point...!!!

172 mk2 Iceberg
conti sport was fitted as standard but i did notice the mitch on my dads 182 seem to have less road noise.
Why was conti not in the poll ??

al

ST on the way...
Pirelli P6000, brilliant grip and very long lasting, had previous versions on my old renault 5 195/55r13 pirelli p600's and they were the same.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Michelin PE2's. Because they seem to last ok and I've never lost the rear in the wet (yet). I might try Toyo's next time maybe.

Rob669

clio v6
got kumho on the front and nangkang on the rear... the nangkangs are the best rear i have ever had on my vee...will be keping to them from now on...and they was only 60 quid each. 245 x 17

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Conti's very underated tyre, good in the dry, fecking excellent in the wet..........

Standard fit on lots of performance cars...........

106 GTi
almarsden said:
Pirelli P6000, brilliant grip and very long lasting, had previous versions on my old renault 5 195/55r13 pirelli p600's and they were the same.

Really? this where shocking on my old 306 (sd from the factory), ok in the dry but apart from that very poor.

Rate the Exaltos on the 182, but havent tried any other tyre on the car to be able to really compare.

On previous cars expriences Goodyear F1s, but I think I will stick with the Michelins on the 182 when they need changing.

Toyos are ok for the money, but dont seem to have the all weather group if the F1's. worth paying a bit more and going for te Goodyears from past experiences.

tiTTy & SV650
Pilot Exaltos, used to run them on my 205gti too, grips great wet or dry last well too, cant fault them.

Conti spoirt the standard ones as they squel like hell and got a decient amount of grip.
I'd like to put a vote in that Toyo are the wrost tyre ever.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nah.... toyos are ok, still can't complain when i got 4 fitted for 140 this weekend, i prefere these to the contis

mk1 RT
pirelli P7's 195/45v15

grip very well and very long lasting been on for 10k fronts 5mm rears 6mm

very good tyres

on 172/182 pe2s get the vote for me

as a tyre fittter i prefer the pe2s also

Last edited:
easy gsd 3s i work in a tyre place and the exaltos r dis cond other wise it would b them the yokos scrub out hella easy also wiv the toyos and kumho wat a piece or sh*t in the wet

RB 182 Cup
I`ve gone though 18 Contis in 30,000 miles, and thought that they were ok until I tried the Toyo T1R`s. Much better tyre, at a much lower price. I did find that the Toyos do overheat easily on track though. When I had a valver, I had P Zeros which were great apart from on roads that are only just wet.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ive got toyo t1-s 205/40/17 on17's and goodyear eagle f1's 195/50/15 on willy wheels. toyos came with 17's and goodyears came with willy wheels

gt_gaz said:
nah.... toyos are ok, still can't complain when i got 4 fitted for 140 this weekend, i prefere these to the contis
They seemed fine on the 182 but maybe its just in 15 inch spec there even worse. The 15's heat up to quick break away isn't as good as he Contis plus theres less grip and they feel floaty.
As for the price difference Toy0s are £33 fitted and ballenced £35 for Contis and well worth it.
Toyo's wouldn't be as bad if they worn out slower but there no better than Contis (ever 11k or so at the front).

muz

big fat japanese bus
toyo proxes fitted them over the cont sport 2s and I noticed a huge improvement in grip and the break away was much more progressive

Day said:
No rain where you live then?
He lives just down the road from me funnyily enough.
Worst of all were out in the middle of nowhere so he must see a fair bit of standing rain on the back roads out.

Mégane RS
Michelin Pilot Sports, best tyre out there but expensive. My bro has contisport 2's on his new megane and they seem ok considering how heavy the megane is. Michelin Pilot Exalto 1's were ok and the PE2's are about the same. Not too keen on the Toyo's, rubber is way too soft so they dont last too long and they were not so clever in the rain

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I'm trying yoko parada spec 2. A friend has them on a type R civic and they are mint for grip and traction, only down side is being replaced by the yoko advan.

MKIII 138
isnt this poll flawed by offering the option of pilot exaltos ? standard 182/182cup/trophy tyres ??? surley almost everyone who is just happy with the general performance of ther tyres will quickly click PE2`s just to say "yea there ok" without actually removing the stock 182`s tyres and trying new ones ?!?

thats true.

meggerman said:
isnt this poll flawed by offering the option of pilot exaltos ? standard 182/182cup/trophy tyres ??? surley almost everyone who is just happy with the general performance of ther tyres will quickly click PE2`s just to say "yea there ok" without actually removing the stock 182`s tyres and trying new ones ?!?

thats true.

true but thats why it says wat u reccomend. u may find them crap. its not nessesarily what u have on your car. i have crap on my car at the mo, think i gonna go for the bridgestones next. or maybe back to ealges again