ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
On my car I have cooper Zeon CS6, they were fitted to the car when I bought it. Grip is ok but not exceptional, they seem like a hard compound so would probably stand up well to track use. If I have the car when they wear out I will probably put Dunlops on. For a premium tyre they are excellent Value. The SP Sport MAXX RT are likely to be my choice.

For a slight cheaper option I like Falkens.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My Toyo T1Rs seem to wear extremely quick, and I don't find them all that great. What's the next step up for around the same budget?

Clio 182 FF
I use Pirelli P Zero (on all four now), used to have Michelin Pilot Exalto which I thought were slightly quieter. Since I got the Milltek exhaust, the tyre noise is pretty irrelevant by comparison.
The Pirelli's are about £25 quid cheaper than the Michelin, and I've never had a problem with grip.

This is for road use only, never put the car on a track.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Needing new tyres, Been using Pirelli Zero Nero GTs for a while.

Had Kumho KU39s years ago when I had my 182 and at £40 less a tyre I'm tempted to go back but can't remember what they were like, Do they last well? I'm a 20k+ a year guy so need something to last a while.

Clio 182
Stupid question i know but standard wheel size for a 182 is 205/45/r16 correct? Can you use another size tyre of standard wheels?

clio 182 sport
was looking at some new tyres for my 182 on turini but not sure what to go for...205/45/16 or 195/45/16 ...did have toyo t1r but any suggestions would be great as for width also please. .;)

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I´m searching for areplacement for the T1Rs that I currently using for the on my Clio A, but in a not very common size. It´s 195/55R14V. In the past I had the Yoko A510 that was a really great tire, but it´s discontinued since over 10 Years...any alternative...??

Arctic Blue 182FF
I went for pirelli p-zeros on mine last time they needed changing (mates rates), theyre great when it's dry...not too good when it's wet/slippery...

V6 255
Just waiting in my AD08Rs to arrive. Wanted something that I can go on track and little blasts out, but is also ok for the little commute. Only seem to see good things about this tyre.
Anyone got personal experience?

Clio 197 RB
Just ordered 4 Uniroyal RS3's for the 182 from Camskill £199 delivered. Not bad.
Will come in handy with all the rain at the moment.

182 Inferno
Just ordered 4 Uniroyal RS3's for the 182 from Camskill £199 delivered. Not bad.
Will come in handy with all the rain at the moment.

I found them brilliant in the wet, but wore through very quickly. I got up to 4,000miles and had to replace them.

What do you think?

subaru impreza
Currently running nankang NS2R's on my 182. Absolutely blown away by them to be honest, ok so they're a semi slick and obviously great in the dry, but seem to be pretty good in the wet when required. Granted I don't drive like a loon in the wet, what's the point.
They're running low now though and am looking for a winter set, going for either. Uni rs 3's or Michelin ps3's decisions. I'll update once I've made my choice.

Clio 172
Only just got my 172 so I've got to try and wear out the cheap Badyear Seagull FOffs it came with asap.

Always been a fan of Eagle GSD3s on previous cars, but may try out the Rainsport 3s next. I'd rather give up a bit of ultimate dry grip for confidence in the wet stuff (I am from Wales after all).

Impreza & Clio 172
Seriously needing new tyres up front with all this rain, bad time to pull my Impreza off the road lol.
Anyway was running Toyo's on the scooby and they have seen over 5k miles of daily abuse and still going strong.

Do I go for them on the 172 or change to something like the uniroyals or yoko s drives? Plus can you put 205 profile on standard rims?

Ph2 Meg 225
Needing some new tyres shortly and have spotted some toyo proxes 4 for sale, anybody rate these or go for something else?

Ph2 Meg 225
What size mate? I really like the hankook v12's I've got

195 45 16, it's a full set of four with around 5.5mm on them for 100 quid local. I have some hankooks on the front which are worn and I rated them just thought id take a punt on these if they're reasonable.

2005 Cliosport 182
Mine came with Hankooks on and they were very good but went for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s this time and I can't fault them wet or dry. Cheap enough from camskill too.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What do people think of the 'Nankang NS2 Sport 84V XL' for 95% road, and a maybe an odd track day? Seem to be quite cheap on the bay.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Don't skrimp on tyres dude. What's on the front? I like my hankook v12's but there's lots of good tyres out there.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Don't skrimp on tyres dude. What's on the front? I like my hankook v12's but there's lots of good tyres out there.

Not exactly skrimping, but I just can't justify circa £80 a tyre when the majority of my driving is well below the cars limits, so a £50 tyre is just as competent, and there are a few options around the price (I think). Currently have t1Rs which I like but fancy a decent change.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Bought some alloys that came with nearly new Toyo T1R's. I've since been told these are dangerous and crap (I assume over reaction on the dangerous part).

Really that bad?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Bought some alloys that came with nearly new Toyo T1R's. I've since been told these are dangerous and crap (I assume over reaction on the dangerous part).

Really that bad?

I've had them for almost 3 years, two sets, and never had any issues, good wear, good grip for standard day to day driving, and were good fun on track, but they aren't a track tyre.

They're ok on the road in the dry, bit slippy in the wet when pushing on.

Very soft tyre really.

What others would you reocmmend in the similar price bracket?