ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unnofficial CSS13 convoy ideas and numbers!

Listerine & Poledo
From Bar Hill it's about another...what... 1/2 hour to Duxford? Maybe 50 minutes. You northerners better watch out tho, A14 is littered with cameras and the Huntingdon-Cambridge stretch is under average-cameras for good measure.

Summary: Dis gonna be baws

Lol ill be wherever I need to be, I'm easy

From Bar Hill it's about another...what... 1/2 hour to Duxford? Maybe 50 minutes. You northerners better watch out tho, A14 is littered with cameras and the Huntingdon-Cambridge stretch is under average-cameras for good measure.

Summary: Dis gonna be baws

so stick to 65? :p and it seems like once this gets the times sorted and posted up officially we will have a pretty baller convoy :cool:

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
was nice meeting you today mate, we could meet somewhere along the way to woodall if you are up for it

bar hill tesco cool for you?

Sounds good to me mate, shall sort it out nearer the time lol and great to meet ya too fella, shall let ya know when kitt returns

right it has been nearly a month with no posts or suggestions towards changing the route so I think that could be it finalised as far as I am concerned ;)

so get your names on the new lists and I will sort out the official thread soon

Yorkshire lot meeting at Woodall Services:

1) spinksy
2) KChristmas
3) Denzel
4) Knight Rider (hopefully)
5)

other lot meeting at Bar Hill Tesco:

1) GoodJ
2)
3)

get names down on the relevent list guys :)

sorry if I missed anyone but if I have please add your name on.... (caekii I cant see what area you are from so didn't know which to put you under - sorry)

As for times, What is the general concensus for time we want to arrive at CSS (half hour early? an hour early?) I can work it back from there....

and Owen once we have sorted times out mate, I can give you a rough time to be at the A15 near Norman Cross to join the A1 convoy :) and if you pm me your number closer to the date I can drop you a text as the convoy gets close to that point so you know when to be looking for us?

Cheers mate. The more we get to convoy down the better.

no probs :) be nice to have you join us mate, was hoping to get a bit more interest when first posting the thread tbh, but I'm gunna pass this to one of the mods to create a new sticky with the route and people so far etc in the op and have it as the list and this as the chat thread I reckon

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Will probably be a case of me waiting at Norman Cross until you send me a text saying you've just gone past and then I'll have to play catch up because there's not really anywhere to get a view of the A1

Will probably be a case of me waiting at Norman Cross until you send me a text saying you've just gone past and then I'll have to play catch up because there's not really anywhere to get a view of the A1

alright mate, i'll do my usual trick and have a text ready saying we are just about to pass (so you could join the motorway) and send it slightly before we hit so you join at same time ;)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I won't be attending. Cars dead. It's got a fuel leak somewhere as you get high on fumes whenever you drive it!!! No time to fix it either so that's me royally fucked in the arse hole.

Why don't you meet with us EM lot down the M1? Have a massive convoy down like previous years.

We aim to get to Leicester Forest East Services by 8:30am. The EM convoy starts at J27 at 7:45-8am.

Renaultsport Clio182
Hi i'm a new member any chance of tagging along in this convoy. what are the times people are meeting?

What time you all meeting at woodall?

I don't know mate, we really need to set the route and times in stone but everyone has different ideas lol

And Owen I think we could still quite happily meet you at Bar Hill mate aslong as the route isn't too far out :)

Need confirmations on numbers and best route for everyone taking into account travelling down the A1 for the majority of the route...

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
And Owen I think we could still quite happily meet you at Bar Hill mate aslong as the route isn't too far out :)

Need confirmations on numbers and best route for everyone taking into account travelling down the A1 for the majority of the route...
If you take the M1-A14 route instead of the A1 I can meet you at the Brampton Hut services as it's on the way.

Work it out so you hit LFE by 8:30am then.

Ill be leaving J27 at 8am to get there by then.

I think we could do that

set off an hour before that (so 7:30am) to meet at LFE

If you take the M1-A14 route instead of the A1 I can meet you at the Brampton Hut services as it's on the way.

then on from LFE to Brampton Hut Services for 9:45/10:00 before heading to Duxford for CSS? (is 15 minutes long enough to wait for people?)

we need to finalise this if it is what we are doing guys, could do with some input from the yorkshire lot tbh

Golf Mk6 tdi
M1 is not a great journey, plus it's out of the way - people from South Yorks should really be hitting the A1.

M1 is not a great journey, plus it's out of the way - people from South Yorks should really be hitting the A1.

oh ffs

We need a vote people because it is completely going to depend on which part of yorkshire etc people are coming from and where they are wanting to meet which route we take

there are a couple of people that I know of that will be wanting to meet at Woodall before we start the 'main' convoy and we would be meeting the East midlands lot and making it an even bigger convoy if we travelled the M1-A14 route but the A1 as said is quicker

so choices are:

1: M1 - All Yorkshire lot meet up with the North east Lot at Woodall services t 7:30pm, meet east midlands lot at LFE, then go from there down the A14 to the Brampton Hut services to pick up Owen and anyone else from that area before going to CSS

OR

2: A1 - Meet at which ever services are along the way not sure on time or locations yet as haven't looked at it properly.... though this one would alienate about 60% of the guys I have spoken to from the convoy and make it a very small convoy indeed....

people need to reply to this asap because I am giving it until Wednesday at 12pm before plans and times are set in stone, anyone late to that or not putting an opinion in will have to live with the choice and join us where possible or have a lonely drive....

Golf Mk6 tdi
I think it best if you just put a schedule up and if people are not happy, they make their own way there... To be fair, I only said the A1 as I travel on the M1 quite a lot and it's a pretty boring road.

Renaultsport Clio182
I think M1 seems to be the best for most people. who cares if its longer if more people can join the convoy surely its better?

I think M1 seems to be the best for most people. who cares if its longer if more people can join the convoy surely its better?

^this and so the route is set at:

* Yorkshire lot meet at Woodall Services at 7:30am with some of the Northern lot, Leave there at 7:45am prompt,

* Arrive at LFE services at 8:30am to meet the East Mids lot and catch any stragglers from the first meet spot, leaving with everyone at 8:45am prompt to head down the A14,

* stopping by briefly at the Brampton Hut services to catch Owen and possibly others? to then head off at 10:00am prompt to arrive at CSS around 10:30am as it starts/gates open

anyone not liking this route or wanting to meet us elsewhere let me know asap via pm but that is the definite route for the main body of the convoy.

so everybody get your names down on the list posted below this of where you will be meeting...

Meeting at Woodall Services at 7:30am:

1: Spinksy
2:
3:
4:

Meeting at LFE Services at 8:30am:

1: People from Woodall
2: East Mids lot
3:
4:

Meeting at Brampton Hut Services ready to leave for 10:00am:

1: Everyone from previous meets
2: Owen
3:
4:

Please put your names down sooner rather than later and anyone lagging behind will have to meet us at the next stop as we will be leaving at the times given in the post above

Paulski you have pm