ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

******urgent help needed*****

172 clio
My 172 keeps going into "limp mode" and won't let me go above 3k.have changed lambda sensors and had it on diagnostic..didn't bring anything up!cleaned the throttle body and I think it may have gone as all it does now is rev to 5k as soon as i switch it on. Looked at throttle, its slightly open and won't go back... Looking around the only throttle body i can find is for a 182..will it work and fit on my 172??? msg back please... Lee

J03

MX5 1.8
ph1 and PH2 look completley different.. ones got triangled lights the other has round lights which is PH1..

Golf GTD Mk7
like what has been said, it will probably only rev to 5K when cold due to the ECU adjusting the rev limit. Is the TB open when the car is off?

182 Cup
I think what the OP is trying to say is that when the car is turned on it immediately revs to 5k rpm due to the throttle being stuck open. Therefore they need a replacement throttle body.

The question is will a 182 TB fit on a 172? Unfortunately I don't know the answer.