ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vehicle Engineering Inspection

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Any one know of an Independent Engineering Vehicle inspection service to assess an issue believed to have been caused by a dealership directly or indirectly.

GTD, Lupo
This was the report I went for:

Dispute or Arbitration-related Report

Should you need an inspection to assist in the resolution of a repair dispute with a manufacturer, service provider, Warranty Company, insurer or repairer, who has either refused or failed to address your concerns to your satisfaction, an engineer can compile an independent engineers report.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Thanks, I had a look at them and out of the three that appeared to cover the country nationally they looked to be the better option, still awaiting outcome of whether Benfield will sort the car under warranty and push them to get a proper report done by a proper technician if they maintain their stance of it was nothing to do with the cam belt change, as well as waiting to hear back from RUK.
North East thread a bit far from your usual haunts or were you just passing through?

GTD, Lupo
Hah I didn't even see where the thread was posted! Having only had a report done 2 weeks ago and then witnessing RUKs reaction to it, i thought I best post up my findings! If you do get fobbed off splash the cash on a report then we you confront RUK with the findings make sure that you get compensation for the report and any other cost you have incurred.

i hope you get it all sorted!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Thanks I hope this gets sorted too as it's hell driving a Dacia Sandero 1.2 (with Laurette trim and toys) when you see a 182 casually saunter past and think it actually looks quite good for an old car. Then watch it kick down and overtake with ease while I have to check the road on the other side is clear for at least a mile before attempting to overtake anything going quicker than 50.