ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Boosts Again

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Logged onto VM to check my bill for the month and also to upgrade the TV Package and get a Tivo box and seen this

ScreenShot2014-01-06at211848.gif

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
So many peeps I know say they are blocking them?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The torrent sites themselves are blocked but that is the same for almost if not all ISP's

if you can get around that though I have no issues, apart from being throttled. I'm a heavy user and it seems VM don't like that lol

just looked at mine 60mb to 100mb
Winner!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
BT/Sky aren't boosting s**t :(

My mate went with Sky cause they said they have the best broadband speed in his area.

I done a speed test on my mobile (iPhone 5) and it was quicker over Wi-fi with virgin media than his Laptop hardwired into his sky modem.

Sky are giving him around 4/5mb and sometimes 8/10mb on a good good day.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've just left Sky as they were appalling and their customer service was some of the worst I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Swapped over to BT Infinity now and get a reasonable speed.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Sky are very good at not throttling though I will say that. I had a consistent 13mb through the phone line in my old house and it was always ready to go.

event hough I currently have 63mb with Virgin it gets shafted at peak times

i actually found their internet people very helpful too. Their tv people are a shower of s**t though!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You on Sky Fibre?

Sure am.

My mate went with Sky cause they said they have the best broadband speed in his area.

I done a speed test on my mobile (iPhone 5) and it was quicker over Wi-fi with virgin media than his Laptop hardwired into his sky modem.

Sky are giving him around 4/5mb and sometimes 8/10mb on a good good day.

Funnily enough I actually get decent speeds, but not the full quoted 40mb, when I took it out I was told by the sales bint that if I run a speed test and it was below 40, send it off to sky customer service, I would get a month back money wise because she wrote on my paperwork that I had the ability to get a constant 40. (which I did with BT, so it's heavy bent because they share fibre etc ffs)

Liquid Yellow 182
I work for virgin media, we are having ALOT of customers move from sky and bt to virgin, due to there internet speeds being so slow and weather interfering with there tv lol

S4 Avant
FFS I move house at the end of this week to a village that doesn't even get mobile signal. Let alone f**king broadband.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I work for virgin media, we are having ALOT of customers move from sky and bt to virgin, due to there internet speeds being so slow and weather interfering with there tv lol

Id rather have sky interfered with than Virgin TV to be fair

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I moved from sky to Virgin because of sky's woeful broadband and they themselves seemed to have no confidence in their fibre product. I hate Tivo though so was planning on moving back to sky and just getting their fastest fibre offering, so would be interested to hear peoples experiences of sky fibre. I just checked mine and the good news is it will go from 60mb to 100mb, but not till July-December.

Liquid Yellow 182
Virgin is just as easy to use and better, easy to access on demand, with sky you got to go through so much s**t to catch up on something you missed. You even have to let it start downloading to your hard drive so you can watch it. Virgin streams which makes life easier, plus you dont need to be connected to broadband. Can watch 1080p with virgin, 1080i on sky aswell. People just have diff opinions ive had both sky and virgin, sky is crap with tv and broadband.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I download using my super fast virgin broadband if I need to catch up on stuff ;)

sky definitely trumps virgin though, your the only person I know to recommend Virgin tv over sky to me.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have been with Virgin for years, Even back to the days when it was called Blue Yonder and i have always had the best internet they have had to offer as its always been far better than anyone else (Bt / Sky)

I have always had the lowest package TV but decided to upgrade to virgins L package with a 500Gb Tivo box.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Here is 4 speed tests taken just now over WI-Fi on my macbook pro

3215034381.png

3215036985.png

3215044566.png

3215047284.png

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I preferred Sky Fibre to VM when I initially got Sky. Speeds seem to have taken a nosedive recently however. Can't really be arsed having to ring some call centre though.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Feels like it, can't even load youtube videos @144p lol.

I used to have MEGA trouble with youtube, but it seems to be behaving now, I also couldn't load 144!

Youtube for me is a hit or miss, Sometimes i can load up a 5/7min video in 1080hd in under 20secs and then other times it can take me 10mins.
Any other site for videos is fine but youtube is a nightmare at times so not sure if its down to youtube itself.

Youtube for me is a hit or miss, Sometimes i can load up a 5/7min video in 1080hd in under 20secs and then other times it can take me 10mins.
Any other site for videos is fine but youtube is a nightmare at times so not sure if its down to youtube itself.

Mine never loads the full video, but will load a decent chunk, and load more when it catches up but never buffer.