ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

W. Mids Rolling Road Day - Sat 8th October - Viezu - Bromsgrove

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
We've got 11 people confirmed (myself included)...does anyone know anyone who fancies a go? Doesn't have to be in a Clio...but 2wd would be appreciated.

I want to get to a nice round 15...and I know its short notice, but if you do, let me know. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Re: W. Mids Rolling Road Day - Sat 8th October - Lohen Eccleshall

Updated List:-

Running

1. Donny
2. matt350 DEPOSIT PAID
3. JonnyGee DEPOSIT PAID
4. Johndolan1979 DEPOSIT PAID
5. rockers182 DEPOSIT PAID
6. Cerrone DEPOSIT PAID
7. Joshua.J
8. Wocka DEPOSIT PAID
9. davo172 DEPOSIT PAID
10. Danevo DEPOSIT PAID
11. Dazzler bear 182
12. Tim (Matt350's Mate)

Coming, but not running
1. ElkWorks (Ant) provisionally
2. TomBear

Anybody else???

secret
We've got 11 people confirmed (myself included)...does anyone know anyone who fancies a go? Doesn't have to be in a Clio...but 2wd would be appreciated.

I want to get to a nice round 15...and I know its short notice, but if you do, let me know. :)

Will send some texts

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6

Hmmm, I shall have a word with my mate, see if I can get him to bring his cerbera along, out with him Friday night, if I ply him with enough beers he might agree.

Stealth 438'd 182
awhhhhhh!!! im going to curbourgh sprint track on saturday! gutted :( I really want to get mine on the RR too but its the last race meet of the season too :(

next time!!!

secret
Just looks on maps on my fone and from my house is 30 mins from the services were meeting at so leave at 7.40 to b safe so if the ppl meeting at mine wana b latest 7.30 so were not rushing then just txt me wen ur on ur way

See u all tomorow :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Right, just so everyone is aware...

Meeting point (for those not local to Viezu) is Frankley Services South (between J3 and J4 on the M5 South) between 08:15 and 08:30 and looking to leave Frankley at 08:30 to try and get to Viezu for before 09:00 for a 9am start.

I will be up before 6am as I'll be cheering the Irish lads on in the Ireland V Wales rugby match which kicks off at 6...is 2* 40 mins with 10 minute half time...so should be around 07:30 - 07:40 when I leave my house...meeting Josh @ McDonalds in Donnington Wood (Telford) and we're going straight to Frankley from there. If I arrive a few mins late, I will apologise beforehand...but suffice to say, I will DEFINITELY be there.

I've confirmed it all with Paul @ Viezu and its good to go at 09:00.

Remember the price is £35 for the run, if you've paid me a deposit, I will give you the tenner (or take the £25 back) depending on whether they want me to pay per person or as one transaction.

Looking forwards to catching up and seeing everyone tomorrow...I am unsure about what to do afterwards as the weather is looking a bit shitty! :( but we can decide between us all...we just need to get pics and videos done during the day.

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Good thing about the weather being shitty tomorrow is that hopefully no one will notice that I haven't cleaned my car for about 4 weeks. Little worried about mine going on the rollers now, gave it abit of stick on the way home and I seam to have devoleped a very noticeable flat spot at around 5000rpm, hummm we'll she how she does tomorrow.

secret
I washed mine tonite :) i also have a flat spot low end, pisses me off alot, o wel im going to see the rs tuning boys nxt year :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If there is a noticeable flat spot...then see what Viezu say as if there is something they can advise...it might help.

PS. I work by a building site, car is dirty as hell (as didn't wash her last week) and wheels are caked in crap...so might not get a good wheel shot of mine.

Will see what videos I can get on the S2 tomorrow (8mp...so shouldn't be too bad)

secret
Im bringin my camera aswel, i have a 14.1 mega pixel camera with hd vid so will get some good shot

My flat spot is wel noticble, say between 1-2 grand, its horible so yeah see what they say, i dont expect big figure anyway but fingers crossed

just cleaned mine needed doing it was a right mess, i have a fujifilm s3200 camera have not got a clue onhow to take perfect picture but shall bring it along and get some snaps,

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its not about the kit being used...its about people like me remembering to take some (normally forget then think Oops!) hehehe

secret
Haha i usually forget, got mrs with me tomorow so lil camera girl, gona get pics and vids of everyone, her names kate btw so please chat to her as she doesnt know anyone now i dnt think judes coming

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Haha i usually forget, got mrs with me tomorow so lil camera girl, gona get pics and vids of everyone, her names kate btw so please chat to her as she doesnt know anyone now i dnt think judes coming

Mand won't be coming...but I will be bringing the lad...if he can drag his ass outta bed!

Really looking forwards to this now :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Well I decided to try and change my plugs after work tonite.... Get to the plugs in the dark and I didn't have a deep enough socket!!!! Let down haha managed to put it all back ok in the dark so see how she runs!!!

RS 182 CUP
take lots of pics, and do a decent write up for me, gutted im missing it. i wanna know what cars push what power with what mods (geek like that)

Good luck fellas, and dont forget to check tyre pressures (32 psi front) to make it fair for everyone. and make sure youve all got no leaks and oil levels ok

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone brave enough too say what they think it will make ?
Just hoping mine don't blow up :) !

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Anyone brave enough too say what they think it will make ?
Just hoping mine don't blow up :) !

Not me...hehehe

Place I went to last year turned around to us all and said "I blow up one car a month doing this...we're 3 weeks into the month and haven't managed to kill one yet"

Poor Dave shat himself with his car first up!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its normally 4th I think, then just floor it and see the car's power output through the rev range (obviously not as crude as that!)...the graph will show you how it responds at certain revs and where there are any weak spots in performance. They've had Ferraris and Astons in there...so they should be ok with a few Clios! :rasp:

Its normally 4th I think, then just floor it and see the car's power output through the rev range (obviously not as crude as that!)...the graph will show you how it responds at certain revs and where there are any weak spots in performance. They've had Ferraris and Astons in there...so they should be ok with a few Clios! :rasp:

cheers donny

is any one fitting that bucket mod to see the gains??? :rofl:

only joking

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Well, here's hoping for more accuracy than the last one I went to...reckoned I had 192 ATF...Bollox! Also, after another lad's 172 had run, there was smouldering at the back of his engine bay, so having no water...one of the lads drenched the smouldering part in orange squash! (He said he had a lovely trip home!)

According to calculations...Don - 163.5WHP - FLYWHEEL 192 BHP (Not a chance!)

Here are some pics from my last RR with the 182, the 172 smoking...and an old pic of the 172Cup on the rollers from about 3 or 4 years ago!

b4c7eb56.jpg

eccffdd3.jpg
81d3c7b1.jpg
ed349210.jpg
Leave the best pic till last! RIP L'il Blue Bullet! :race:
5ef4e0a7.jpg

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Well my insurance only covers me up to 190bhp at the fly wheel so any think below that and I'm all good!!!

Swift Sport
Might pop down to watch, was going to run my car but a bit late now I guess. I'll see what the missus is upto!