ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wanting to get into Motorsport - Non-driving side

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry if this is in the wrong place .. Please change if needs be!

Basically .. Motorsport is something I've been interested in since i was younger, as I can imagine a lot of you guys where as well.
I went to college for two years with hope of being a mechanic / going to university to study Motorsport engineering but that all fell through and it all changed after my first apprenticeship (which lasted but a month due to the owners)

Anyway .. So I've been thinking of ways I can try and get into it again and get to working on cars / race cars (again, a dream of mine) and was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice etc?

Up for volunteering at race meets / weekends to get a better understanding and re-learn everything again .. as well as show my passion in the cars to which people will be able to see and carry on trying to help me out with the job area. If there's anyone that needs a simple hand on a race day un-loading and loading a car or anything!

I'll post up if i think of a few more points but I think this sum's it up pretty much.

Thanks for your time reading

Ali

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Have a look for a local motor club and pop there, quite often people would love to have help on events.
Britishrally.co.uk also has a section where people can offer services etc
Sprints and hillclimbs is also something to look into to help out etc, not just race and rally

Brushwood69

ClioSport Club Member
Like Pauleds mentioned join a local active motorsport club check the msa website. Start doing a few marshalling things which is great viewing as well! Then you will meet guys and girls who need help and even get into codriving then into the driving seat which is how I did it!

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Ask about at some race meets if you can help out/be the tea boy.

I was spannering formula fords at the age of 15

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Hi Ali, I've been involved in motorsport all my life, driving, spannering, engineering, etc, I also went to Uni to study Motorsport Management. My advice would be to get yourself on the motorsport ladder, as Advikaz said above Formula Ford would be a great place to start, I know people who started spannering on FF1600 (Formula Ford) who now work in F1, you need to learn your craft and also the basics of car set up and the engineering of the car. I have a few contacts which I could probably get you a few days work if you required? PM me and we can discuss more if you want?
Andy

Clio 182
Interestingly, I'm looking for a bit of assistance ... it's always been a bit it a mare to race on my tod, could be nice to have a keen pair of hands to help out. I can't offer much but ... tea and food all day entry are guaranteed all day lol entry is covered too! If you want a crack I'm at Brands on the 20th March to a shake down. I race I the novice MSVT TDC and TDT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk