ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

was a nice r5t

It's an anti perculation fan. Basically a small fan that sits on the inner wing has a plastic air duct attached to it which the fuel pipe runs through and its pointed at the carb. Its there to aid hot start or fuel starvation problems. The carb and inlet manifold sit above the exhaust manifold which gets stupidly hot then when switched off heat evaporates all the fuel out of the lines and the carb. They run for anything upto about 45mins after you've pulled up and switched the engine off.

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
most people think there were a few more problems as many people including myself have had a perc burn out and it went nothing like that.. i also left it burning to see if it would pick up but got bored waiting..

as said the fuel lines go through the piping and being 15+ years old might be to blame..

Mine packed up but no flames so i replaced it. Never had issues with starting on mine yet a few friends who removed theirs or never repaired/replaced them seemed to not always be able to get their cars to fire first time.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Mine packed up but no flames so i replaced it. Never had issues with starting on mine yet a few friends who removed theirs or never repaired/replaced them seemed to not always be able to get their cars to fire first time.

its one of them things that some people get away with not having and some dont.. mines not working at the minute yet i dont have any starting problems until i have a car full and then i end up looking a right tit as it ticks over and bellows smoke..:eek:

i think its also down to the driver, maybe he pumps the pedal too much, doesn't let the pump prime b4 letting rip etc..