ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend car - Accidental....

Do you have a spec anywhere listing what's on it ?

Can proberbly give you some pointers on the brake upgrades but in all honesty the ford callipers , decent fluid and pads will give you really decent stopping power.

A term you will learn is TADTS

And is what i would respond to your linkage rattle ;-)

So what you maybe need is what you have working right .

Pedals if top mounted are tricky to set for heal/toe and you adapt a technique.

Exhaust rattle ( take off the shield)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Todays playing......

17757483_10155190185327579_6859927835597506094_n.jpg

Tilet Master cylinders refurbed. All brakes bled with new fluid. I know have wonderful brakes. They still need a bit more work to stop the squeel though. Soon sorted.

On the test drive I lost the use of indicators and cracked a cycle wing. I forgot how much of a ballache these things can be. I should have learnt after my first 3.....

I'll get some carbon cycle wings ordered along with a new silencer, as the baffles in it are fucked and its not worth re packing.

No that's not a silly price for a decent can

Lots of poor quality welds on cheaper stuff

Used to be cheaper than they are but a decent 7 inch can not a 6 which are just cheap and noisy

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
New company on my useless list. Tyre Leader.

Packing list shows 4 tyres. The pack is very much two tyres....

IMG_5054.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tyre Leader send their tyres in pairs iirc. Last time I ordered I ended up with tracking info for 2 separate parcels which arrived at the same time lol. Either the other 2 have got lost somewhere or they'll turn up later today/tomorrow.

Never had any major issues with them really though, given how much cheaper they sometimes are.

NEVER EVER count the spend

I had a rough idea what mine cost over 10 years but you don't need to know

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Waitey is a conundrum. I see your threads pop up all the time. All related to money/cars. From what I can gather you're a rich c**t so why count what you're spending on this car? I don't get it at all

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Because @Waitey likes to count capital expenses, but then completely ignore monthly running costs, so in spite of shelling out £1100 a month on an RS3, he spends two weeks deciding if it's worth spending 2k on his new Alpina.
LOL like I say to the Mrs 'because reasons.....'

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Waitey is a conundrum. I see your threads pop up all the time. All related to money/cars. From what I can gather you're a rich c**t so why count what you're spending on this car? I don't get it at all
I'm not rich, I'm just switched on with figures, I do pro-ject management at work all day so it spills into my normal life. I have a similar sheet for all my cars. Generally so I know how much I'm losing.....

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice toy you've purchased there. It'll be good to see the progress over the coming weeks/months

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've ordered a new silencer from WunOff.

Made to my spec so should hopefully sound nicer/quieter

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Things I'm still waiting for....

Seats, 16 days since order, been told it'll be another 14 days....
Wheels, 15 days since order, no one seems to have an idea when they are turning up (Should have been 10 days ago, last time I spoke to the supplier they would be with me on tuesday...

Tried to order some carbon stuff yest to be told it'll be a 40 day turn around... FORTY days.

Westfield now sell a nice steering wheel, tried to order one to say they only get them in every 90 days.... NINETY days.

Just down the road from me is a company called Roadrunner which make their own 7 type car and have parts that would fit mine, they refuse to sell to me because I own a Westfield. What kind of business sense is that. They have stock, I have cash.

The kit car industry needs a kick up the arse.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
From what I can gather you're a rich c**t so why count what you're spending on this car? I don't get it at all
When you live in the north and your brand new detached 5 bed house cost £145k, £40k a year salary makes you the richest man in the town 😂
Waitey has now taken over from me in the "buy cheap car, then spend £££'s fixing it, could have probably just bought a non-f*cked one for less" role.

Carbon bits look up mog Motorsport
Steering wheel .... Mono

No idea why the wheels are a long lead time

And my carbon rear arches i had , Westfield threatened to sue the supplier so only 3 sets were ever made

God knows why

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Does the long first gear not ruin it on the road?
No it makes it far more usable.

With a type 9 box and a short diff 1st normally only gets you 25mph which is a bit jerky in a 7.

Remember they are only light, I can pull away in 4th in this one!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My new silencer is here. Used a company that we used to use for customer HGV exhausts. They made me this from two photo's I sent them! Crazy skills.

48 hour turn around too!

4F43F8DB-5323-49CA-80E8-F740C633E6DD.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
In other news I've just got refunded for the wheels I ordered 3 weeks ago.

So now I'm on the look out for some 13x7 108x4 et 23 wheels. Wish me luck.