ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend car - Accidental....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Whose making those ? The doors make a big difference

Downside is having to look like a hero, as you drop from the top getting in

Rather than trying side entry

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Carbon NV. Give them a google.

Weirdly the guy I bought the cage off owns Aerodynamix who also make carbon bits.

Bolting the cage in is fun. The chassis bends before the cage does. Will deffo need geo after this.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Fully fitted now. Just need to paint my windscreen surround and fit that.

Loving its look now.

FE4AB641-F9A7-4DCB-81BD-9F012FAA4A4B.jpg

Carbon NV. Give them a google.

Weirdly the guy I bought the cage off owns Aerodynamix who also make carbon bits.

Bolting the cage in is fun. The chassis bends before the cage does. Will deffo need geo after this.
What year chassis is it ?

I had lots of extra chassis bracing fitted before I fitted the cage

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What year chassis is it ?

I had lots of extra chassis bracing fitted before I fitted the cage

'96

This one already had extra cross members in and side bars. It's the front mounting points causing the flex. Really they should mount 100mm further forward then they'd pick up my extra cross member.

I will have a look at putting a hoop over where my knees are and linking the two front mounts.

Mine was braced across there

The biggest issue was the twisting across the front section and the diff carrier

96/97 were some of the best chassis made

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks awesome but I couldn't ever imagine fitting into that...or is it bigger than it looks?

(I'm tall, not fat)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Looks awesome but I couldn't ever imagine fitting into that...or is it bigger than it looks?

(I'm tall, not fat)
I'm 5'10 and I have the seat 40mm forward and the pedal box on its nearest setting. I'm pretty sure a 6ft person would be fine.

After 6ft I think you'd be looking over the screen!

Also being a narrow body you only have 39cm of internal width, which I just fit into!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The wheel saga continues.

Ordered Compomotive CXR's = None in stock in the set up I want 8 week wait
Ordered Grey Pro Race 1.2's = None in stock in the set up I want 11 week wait
Ordered Black Pro Race 1.2's = Apparently in stock and should be here tomorrow.....

Not holding my breath. My seats have been 6 weeks so far, and my carbon bits have been 4 weeks so far....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
20bhp and noise. The noise!
I know. Dammit. They don't work well with the VVC though. So I'd have to go solid cams too.

So after £2500 I'd have a 205bhp 7500rpm peach of an engine. I'd never see that money back though....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So wait two months and you'll have saved that by running the Alpina instead of the RS3
This is true. Which is annoying. As I'm supposed to be sensible with money now....

I have a tracking number for my wheels. Jesus H!

Stick on Avon Cr 500tyres for added lightness , they weigh sod all too

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Nearly just wrote this off. Turns out the brakes are VERY grabby in an emergency!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Whups.

Needs aeroscreening tbh.
Yeah but then you have to wear a helmet all the time which makes you look a helmet.

Also 60mph gravel and bee's really f**king hurt. I still have a dint in my head from owning this one...

DSC_0001-5.jpg