ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend car - Accidental....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Carbon dash next !!

arse of a job to do but worth it. whose carbon is it again ? am sure you said

doors and arches look exactly the same as my old ones

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carbon NV. Took ages to come but well worth it.

Trying to decide how to fit the doors on now...

mine were just wedged between the body and the cage

they were easy to remove but never came out on road or track

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
10 weeks on.

Old man weekend driver

05BDA289-9963-441E-927D-77F944425096.jpg

Track weapon

A4D83923-783F-4469-9CA5-8C28E0EE3108.jpg

7EE9C0A1-F44C-4318-84B1-9E1079638509.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
God damn I cannot wait to get a house. Something like this will by my first man purchase (followed by a jet ski). Looks so much fun, although I think I'm the kind of person that would rather buy ready done (i.e. Caterham)

stephen its looking good

get those interior pamels carbon !!

dod the half doors wedge in

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
stephen its looking good

get those interior pamels carbon !!

dod the half doors wedge in

No the cage is too far away from them. I'll have a think how best to fit those later.

At the moment the braking system is favouring the rears, so I've get that to sort next. Along with a tiny oil leak from the oil pressure sensor.

Took it for a quick test drive yesterday and apart from the brakes being crap, the new throttle body and inlet have transformed the throttle response. It'll be interesting to see if its more keen to rev out to the limiter now.

No the cage is too far away from them. I'll have a think how best to fit those later.

At the moment the braking system is favouring the rears, so I've get that to sort next. Along with a tiny oil leak from the oil pressure sensor.

Took it for a quick test drive yesterday and apart from the brakes being crap, the new throttle body and inlet have transformed the throttle response. It'll be interesting to see if its more keen to rev out to the limiter now.
have you had the car corner weighted and geo checked ?

before adjusting anything on the brakes look there first .

the setup affects how they brake hugely as you know.

look at the spring rates and i can give you some pointers and setup as what most seem to think works does not.

lots of cars are biaed towards sprinting which is often softer to generate grip on cold tyres

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
have you had the car corner weighted and geo checked ?

before adjusting anything on the brakes look there first .

the setup affects how they brake hugely as you know.

look at the spring rates and i can give you some pointers and setup as what most seem to think works does not.

lots of cars are biaed towards sprinting which is often softer to generate grip on cold tyres

No yet. I wanted it finished first.

My issue seems to be is the fact each brake circuit has its own master cylinder. The fronts are well bled and nice and firm, the rears are still full of air and knackered fluid. This difference in resistance between the two master cylinders is causing the balance bar to rotate in favour of the rears and then they lock. I'll drain and bleed them back up and then I should be back to normal.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Bloody thing.....

D0E7431E-5112-4E65-8BCA-9AC557145F43.jpg

On the upside the new brakes are awesome.

I've gained some pedal travel, so I'll have to relocate the throttle pedal now.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've been offered all the parts to turbo this for £800 inc new turbo....

Would run 210bhp. Will probs go bang, but it'll go bang anyway right.....

turbo in a 7 type car is horrid to drive

supercharging works hence a route caterham and ariel took

dont do it

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It seems my starting issues are down to a small fire I've had at some point...

095E482F-EC8E-4B18-B9FB-2E080AB6E2D7.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
what are the issues ?

every time i have had starter motor issues with 7' s and elises i have fitted a brise and never looked back

the caterham one they do means you can move the solinoid away from the exhaust which mostly causes the click of death

http://www.brise.co.uk/Caterham-C890510PGR.html

Its got the K click.

I'll make a direct 12v shunt for the solenoid. The original rover set up only gives about 11v to it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
F20C it, then turbocharge it.
Well, after a lot of measuring a K20A would fit. I can have a bellhousing cast in aluminium to fit my type 9 for £500.

K20a with ECU = £800
Loom = £200
K pro = £300
Bell Housing = £500
Manifold = £500
Mounts = £200
Other bits = £500

£2500 ish for a running 220bhp K20 conversion with me doing it. Not too bad, but for £2500 I could build a 210bhp + forged K series which would be 50kg lighter than the K20.

Its got the K click.

I'll make a direct 12v shunt for the solenoid. The original rover set up only gives about 11v to it.
the issue is usually heat on the solinoid hence the shield wrap that has been burnt by the manifold

try the direct feed but i did that go a caterham last year

it was fine for a bit

it also now has a brise , they just work

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well, after a lot of measuring a K20A would fit. I can have a bellhousing cast in aluminium to fit my type 9 for £500.

K20a with ECU = £800
Loom = £200
K pro = £300
Bell Housing = £500
Manifold = £500
Mounts = £200
Other bits = £500

£2500 ish for a running 220bhp K20 conversion with me doing it. Not too bad, but for £2500 I could build a 210bhp + forged K series which would be 50kg lighter than the K20.
That's not actually that bad. At least with the Honda K, it'd love the abuse as well.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Re wire done. Fires up like a beast now.

I really want a new manifold for no real reason...

I missed dry sump off, so add another £800 for that. £3300 is big dolla for a conversion.
plus it's a really tall engine and if i am honest there are much better ways to 220bhp with more torque better gearbox options and way less hassle than honda

and if you want silly power, supercharge a 2.3 duratec at least it has torque

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
plus it's a really tall engine and if i am honest there are much better ways to 220bhp with more torque better gearbox options and way less hassle than honda

and if you want silly power, supercharge a 2.3 duratec at least it has torque

It's no taller with a dry sump than my current K is.

A built 2.3/2.0 duratec is about the same money.

Base 2.0 duratecs are cheap, the bell housing is only £200, bodies and cams on a std bottom end would give 200bhp and 170lb/ft.

A ford ranger 2.3 with bodies and cams might do 210bhp/190lb with the same effort.

Or I sell this one and buy a higher engine spec'd one.