ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Christmas night out in Brum...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know it's a while away, but thought with plenty of notice we could sort something more solid this year with sorting a night (preferably Friday or Saturday) and maybe hotel for some?

What do you lot think? Get some food down us then hit the bars and clubs?

Just an idea......

Chris

DB.

BMW 440i
Friday is fairly quiet/terrible in Birmingham tbh, even though I'm not coming, thought i'd throw that in there for you lol!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Saturday night then.....
Legs 11 on a Saturday is decent ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I do have a allergic reaction to the phrase 'dress code'.

I'll just get pissed at home then punch myself in the face for having funny hair,
save myself the journey.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I stopped going 'down town' back in 2004,
now a mass piss up in a field with booze weed and a camp fire, that's right up my street.

Not in the winter though, f*ck that!

BG182ff,explod Focus
Lol was it not stokieforker who ended up on his own last year? Poor fella.

:(

Yeah, what a sad baster..........oh wait :S

I do have a allergic reaction to the phrase 'dress code'.

I'll just get pissed at home then punch myself in the face for having funny hair,
save myself the journey.

I could be wrong here Davey but I'm lead to believe there are areas of Brum where dreads and ganjah are all the rage.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Right then, bit of a delayed reply with some dates but its better than nothing :)

so we have two potential weekends which this could ideally go ahead. First off there is the weekend of the 13th and 14th of December (Fri/Sat) and then the following weekend which is the last weekend before christmas (20th/21st)
with this in mind i think the 20/21 will be manic up their with majority of people breaking up from work and possibly commited to works christmas do's etc.
so in my opinion i think we should go for the 13/14th weekend and go from there. (if others disagree then that's fine, we can sort something else out)

So next thing to consider, is the date, the friday or the saturday?

The travelodge I usually stay in when i go around Birmingham is the Bull Ring Central, it is a couple of minutes walk to the Arcadian from here so is quite ideal.
The rooms for the 13th(Fri) are currently going for £40 and on the 14th(Sat) they are £60.
so again, with this in mind, would the friday night be more preferable due to being a cheaper night etc. I'm happy to go for either though :)
(Also if you want to stay elsewhere thats fine, just using this hotel as an option because i've stayed there a couple of times and its been decent)

So, could idally get the ball rolling with this because rooms will soon get booked up by others and prices will no doubt increase the longer we leave it :(
obviously i'm leaving it down to yourselves to get a room booked, if people want to share and split the cost thats totally up to you.

(Link to hotel)
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_...8=0&adults_9=1&children_9=0&search=Find+rooms

Hope to get a few of us out for a good laugh and a drink.
Times to meet up etc to be decided at a later date once rooms are sorted out......

Cheers
Chris

DB.

BMW 440i
£20 different makes sense seeing how quiet Birmingham is on a Friday! Surprised it's not a bigger difference!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is it not cheaper to get a taxi home than stop in a hotel??

50 quid for taxi back to my house from Brum, then there's the possibility of several drops for different locations, cost goes up.....
I'd rather stop in hotel
DB. like I said, I'll do either Friday or Saturday but just thinking of others with costs etc

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I cant do 13/14...work xmas do and my cousin gets married on 14th...so I'm out of that weekend.