ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West mids dead.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Same reason as you :D
if you all want to do something i dont mind organising it. Just dont want to do it all the time.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
The west mids aint dead it just seems 2 be on here

Look at fb groups west mids is booming

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm still about, and still keep in touch with Wayne and Kim.
Trip to the ring is booked for end of June too.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I didn't mean that to sound like an idea for a meet. Was just stating that some of us are still knocking about.
;)

Died a couple of years back when we all left/ got pushed from the forum. As said above west midlands is far from dead.

From my experience of doing meets on here is , pubs , and car park meets dont work.

(Except for brekkie at the toby)

RRdays, drag days , drive outs , even other area combined meets work.

I remember a load of us drove to chester to their big yearly meet! Was great drive and cool to meet so many others.

Im always about the midlands and most of my mates was met through this forum.

Some have had a sour taste left due to certain disputes with the powers , but all is now good and hope it can grow back to what this area was "buzzing"

Everyone got on and everyone knew everyone.

Have noticed a cross clubs event sharing with cs and fb groups just needs more of a push to get it out there.

Personally im not attending the turbosmart meet in brum due to holiday but i know a large group of midland lads are heading there. And this sunday at dynodaze RRday in hinckley there is another large gathering of midlanders and majority are on here.

As said standing in a carpark etc will be boycotted by most in this day and age.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes I'm good mate thanks, yourself?
How's the Clio? Still running sound?

Yeh not to bad thanks ,

Still got the clio yeh! Caged , 197 brembos ,sparco wheel , 15" superleggeras, aero catches etc lol

Attachments

• IMAG1244.jpg
    IMAG1244.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG1098.jpg
    IMAG1098.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG1077.jpg
    IMAG1077.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG1004.jpg
    IMAG1004.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 33

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yeh not to bad thanks ,

Still got the clio yeh! Caged , 197 brembos ,sparco wheel , 15" superleggeras, aero catches etc lol

Bit of a change then!!!

Does it go on track then now?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
If any of you buy tickets for the Donington round of the Btcc and go on sunday then you can have a small mini meet with me and the mrs as we will be there...

Swift Sport
I personally think the Midlands falls down due to its lack of leadership. I've spoken to local CS members who don't even know who the area reps are.

WRX
Ahh ok. Assume it's a dump?. But yea, been a major crack down recently on car cruising down here of recent. They've become a bit of a pest.
No it's pretty nice area actually, not far from The Belfry. It's the A38 so dual carriageway which is often used for "top speed test" and a big island with country lanes off. Oh and a Maccys which is probably the problem.

No it's pretty nice area actually, not far from The Belfry. It's the A38 so dual carriageway which is often used for "top speed test" and a big island with country lanes off. Oh and a Maccys which is probably the problem.

Ahh northloops comment now makes sense.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Well guys, I've put a couple of threads up asking for input and the tumbleweed have been past.

Throw me a line. What do people want to do. I'm not one for car cruises but I do like a spirited drive.
Throw some ideas over and we can do something.

The Midlands Breakfast Club meet is on in 13 days time...its in Oswestry, but if the uptake is good...we could always do something afterwards.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Cant we book a day at curborough @Mr Burns ?
Sure mark said its £600 for the day, including the food van.
Granted it would be hard everyone getting the day off work but if its booked well in advance it could be possible.
Say we get 10 people, its only £60 each for all day.