ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids newbie

Clio 172 + Audi A3
Hi all, I'm Carl, not long purchased a Clio 172 as a bit of a long term project/weekend toy, the car itself has seen better days but I'm in for the long haul...
IMG-20170204-WA0002_zpsnucich5d.jpg

Completely new to the Renualt / Clio sport scene, any suggestions on where to start improvement wise?

Clio 172 + Audi A3
I plan on using it mainly as a weekend toy/long term project, but I would like to do the occasional track day if and when possible, not sure what I would need to/have to have fitted to the car to do a track day mind you..... to start with I just need to get it well and truly road worthy, new brakes all around, clutch, gearbox and engine mounts, smaller tyres as current ones are too big and scrub on arches and then its just general tidying up and paint work etc...

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi !
If the tyres are 195/45R16 then they are fine (it might have 205 which are fine too)
Id have a look and see why it sits so low. Perhaps its on coilovers or springs are too low.

Clio 172 + Audi A3
Hi !
If the tyres are 195/45R16 then they are fine (it might have 205 which are fine too)
Id have a look and see why it sits so low. Perhaps its on coilovers or springs are too low.

Tyres currently on there are 205/55r16 which I'm assuming is a bit big. I assume it's lowered but will have to have a closer inspection soon

Clio 172 + Audi A3
When I'm home from work tonight I plan on starting a project thread so more pics will get added and then hopefully I can get some further advice on what to do and look out for!

Clio 172 + Audi A3
Started a thread in the projects section now so go check it out. Not much there at the moment but much more to come :)