ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do i need to hook my PS2 up to the net?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Answers on a postcard please!

Just bought Pro Evo 5 and i want to go online with it as it gets boring playing the computer.

Are there any subscriptions like X-box live?
Cheers

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Right, if you have old ps2 (the Brick) you can purchase a network card. these are hard to get hold of as they don't make them any more.

Next is an internet connection broadband must a Ethernet connector (a network lead). USB connection will not work as far as I know.
plug it all in. Insert disk that came with the network card, follow the instruction and hey presto done.

The only fault is that the connection is nothing like xbox live.
I currently have my ps2 online for NFSU2.

if you have a slimline then it's different, it has an inbuilt network plug in and go I assume as I have not got one of them.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if its a slimline PS2 you need to go onto the website to order the setup disk (its all free)

the brick needs a network card

you need a broadband internet connection, if you have a USB modem then you will have to get eather a broadband router with a built in switch to link the PS2 to the router or get a network switch and a network card for your PC.