ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Washed the fucker after months of it sitting getting dirty.

Only because I'm off to my mates in the morning. [emoji41]

7467ca03d0da309e8b675e2bb94d1c2d.jpg

b4055cb191a56b2cf8bd31976644e3ad.jpg

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted new pads all round.
Went for the pagids from ECP. Had 60÷ off so done the lot for just shy of £40.
To be fair, they are great. Bite straight away and no fade. Heard a few people have used these on track and i can see why.
Had a mare with the front left caliper. Lower slider pin had siezed and bolt snapped off so had to source a new caliper to get the bracket off that holds the pads (cant remember name)
Renault wanted over £100 for a new caliper so luckily found one on ebay for £25. Guy even delivered it to me himself within 30 mins. Bargain.
Brakes are so much better now the caliper is working as it should. Happy days.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Sprayed my lower/top grille and fog light surrounds matt black and fitted new bulbs into my new headlights ready to be fitted this weekend

Put these back in today was surprised how easy it was. Looking pretty clean if you ignore the oil mark on the lower bumper:)

Attachments

• 20161227_183216.jpg
    20161227_183216.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 72
  172 cup
Sun strip on so I can see when it's sunny result bloody roll cage , hecko blinds and some tow stickers and a drop of rain x all round

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
PS3s all around now!
I must have been the last person to still have been running PE2s?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

That's stunning. How come for sale?

I still love it but it's a love/hate thing lol I've had it since new(2008) spent more than I care to mention on it (550bhp), it's been horrifically unreliable and unlucky, ranging from bent rods to a neighbours shed roof coming off and (luckily :grin:) causing paint damage.
I've only done 25k miles in it so it's time to let it go, both Evos will be sold and an A45, I think, will replace them, something I can just get in and drive without worry and not mod to death, Clio can have the garage so I can tinker all year round :smile:

E1B4108F-513A-4E90-9640-87A01F78DAB2_zpstkszi9wf.jpg

What sort of money do these sell for? 550 must be mega quick.

Standard it would be mid to late teens for a mint low mile manual one, the spec this is, I need a good bit more lol I was offered £21500 last year, prices for good ones are rising so I'll keep an eye on pistonheads and have a think about it. The 19x10 Advan wheels are £3400 new without tyres and these have done 900 miles, so a lot to consider

Gratuitous engine bay shot
75908F0F-0674-4C9C-A774-6815FB05AD13_zpsvnktz8jv.jpg

Good luck @MarkX with the sale. Any funky bits you want to sell to me before it goes? :tongueout:

I like the black badges on the rear, very stealth!

Thanks bud Lol, not even up for sale yet and the vultures circle lol Badges are actually carbon :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a new screen washer pump. Took 2.5 hours because i had to do it twice after realising i'd hooked up the pipes the wrong way round so the rear was spraying when i wanted the front to and vice versa! :\

Snapped one of those stupid screw shaped plastic clips. Anyone know if I can buy new ones?

BMW 320d SE
Fitted a new battery to the Clio as the trip computer kept resetting after not being used for a few days.
Had a new windscreen fitted to the Mondeo in preparation for the MOT.

PH2 172
Wasted my time trying to find somewhere local to set up my tracking.
Tried 2 national chains, both put the car on a ramp and came back within 3 minutes saying I needed new track rod ends & tie rods on both sides.
Strange; as I replaced it all with OE parts last Friday & it passed the MOT on Saturday.
Guess I`ll do the 50 mile round trip to where I know won`t get skanked ,and only charge £15.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Wasted my time trying to find somewhere local to set up my tracking.
Tried 2 national chains, both put the car on a ramp and came back within 3 minutes saying I needed new track rod ends & tie rods on both sides.
Strange; as I replaced it all with OE parts last Friday & it passed the MOT on Saturday.
Guess I`ll do the 50 mile round trip to where I know won`t get skanked ,and only charge £15.
I had similar once. Took my Clio in for MOT and got an advisory for low rear pads.....I'd fitted brand new a few days before!

I'm sure these places just prey on stupid people