ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
93c7b5ccaf7d332416ca5a1045f19156.jpg

Fitted the trophy spoiler :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Removed the incorrect ABS ring, and fitted the correct 15mm cup one copper greasing everything as i went along. Other side tomorrow.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Fitted new rear brake pads, completely unplanned as I wasn't expecting the grinding noise to appear yesterday.

New discs etc next month and a new calliper to go with it as I can't see it lasting long. Good job I had my old piston wind in tool!

Old pads vs new...

IMG_0685.JPG

The other side still looked like new :confused:

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
The quick and easy way by using a syringe to remove the fluid, refilled, turned wheel full lock both ways a few times, then repeated the process a few times.
Great tip @bearne1, thanks! Cringed a bit when I had to spend £6.50 on a syringe 😅, nearly opted for the £4.50 turkey baster option, but thought better of it :smile:.

So power steering fluid changed today, and cabin filter too - old one was a bit mucky :up:.

IMG_7602.JPG

Clio 197,with megan'
Battery moved to boot. Fitted bonnet pins, as bonnet catch/cable was suspect, cable frayed. New thermostat, as other one failed open. Made a cargo net, with yellow stitching to match car colour. ( No rude comments please!!.)Cost around £7, and made to measure.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the glovebox/boot light with some LED's to match the rest of the cars lighting and got it up fairly high on axle stands ready for tomorrows replacement of handbrake cables/ fitting of cat.
Plenty of penetrating oil was applied over everything in preparation, so hopefully i dont have too many issues!

Renaultsport Clio200
IMG_5358.JPG
IMG_5353.JPG
IMG_5352.JPG
Finally (after owning mine since the 29th of Dec) gave the old girl a good clean inside and out... rapid detailer is a must have in anyone's clean car kit bag! Although now I've noticed more little scratches :-(

Renaultsport Clio200
IMG_5352.JPG
After owning mine for the best part of 2.5 months it was nice enough to give her a good clean and mini detail...

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Hacked up more of my passenger headlight to make a cold air feed. Just need some black sillicone stuff to hold the cone thing in place. Then sort out the side light bulbs. Bit of help fom my step dad and now know what I need to get - stop a tail bulb holder, an LED flasher unit and an LED side and indicator bulb in one. Got it all saved in my ebay just need to click buy.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks lovely that mate, i would be tempted to buy this if you were to sell it, but i know that you have worked on the car 😧

Only fitted injectors and they are going strong, so shh haha, and i'd put money on it being one of the best maintained!

Doubt ill sell it for ages yet mate, 4years in so far!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Collected it from the garage. Service done, abs pump done, but brake pedal not right. Brakes work but too much travel on the pedal. Will need to go back on Monday.

Clio 182
Fitted my bucket seat in between jobs at work, harness to go in tomorrow :)

Attachments

• IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 105

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Lost sanity due to polystyrene squeaking beneath steering wheel cover.
Removed cover.
Cut fingers on the razor blade style brackets beneath the steering wheel cover.
Used a screwdriver to stab the s**t out of polystyrene that was rubbing on said bracket.
Replaced steering wheel cover.
Test drove.
Squeak.
Repeat.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got round to fitting the Battery cover/Induction kit enclosed box. Not quite ideal angles with the SM inlet and setup I currently have, but it's in!
IMAG0033_zpsfbuw5rfa.jpg
Looks amazing !!
Can you remember what angle silicone hose you are using between the filter and the SM.
If there is another group buy then get a cover without the hole - you can then use a holesaw to get the hole exactly where you want it.
EDIT - also check this link out. http://www.cliosport.net/threads/rocker-cover-bolt-leaking.793604/#post-11124967
looks like your vvt O ring could do with replacing.

Last edited:

alexroberts0289

ClioSport Club Member
Looks amazing !!
Can you remember what angle silicone hose you are using between the filter and the SM.

If there is another group buy then get a cover without the hole - you can then use a holesaw to get the hole exactly where you want it.
EDIT - also check this link out. http://www.cliosport.net/threads/rocker-cover-bolt-leaking.793604/#post-11124967
looks like your vvt O ring could do with replacing.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly, however I believe it's a 45 degree hose. I can get a protractor out if you'd like! ;) That's a good idea... I was thinking of getting a similar bit of rubber to the slam panel to create a more air tight seal between the hose and hole. See how that worked first.

Thanks for the link! I thought it was the head bolt! Seal ordered and will get that fitted. Thanks

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Finished the stripped back interior loom, removed all wiring relating to heaters, airbags and stereo. Also finished removing all heater, air con and other redundant wiring from the engine bay loom