ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Yesterday was remove engine from my 182, and an hour and half drive to remove my new donor engine, and then an hour and half back to re fit my engine...
Got it all fitted in but needs pipes and fluids back in.

Today's task is to get it running again!

Picture of yesterday's ' how much can you get in the back of a ford connect '

IMG_1716_zps6e7ndv5m.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Attempted to fit my new TMIC...but one bolt is being a son of a b**ch and I cannot remove it :(

Used my new little device to rid of pre-tensioner errors :)

Tested my new lights and they do work but look awful (due to my dodgy trimming job) and are highly illegal so time to sell off for some LED replacements...

Clio Trophy + GT3
A good thrash for about an hour, then cleaned inside and out, checked all the fluids and tops up as required, checked tyre pressures.

BMW 325d touring
MOT last week on 182, bought last summer and not had to spend anything on it but knew a few things would come up. identified cracked spring and advice dampers a bit shoddy so took opportunity to refresh all round - Cup dampers and Eibach sportlines, also new discs and pads allround (Brembo HC and DS2500), leaky rear caliper replaced and something iffy with one of rear lights.
hopefully get it back today for a drive in the sun :)

Renaultsport Clio200
Spent 90 mins tonight cleaning and waxing a front wheel and cleaning the wheel arch... only three more wheels to do :-/ !!! It's not at anywhere near 100% clean but it way better than what I started with!

Attachments

• IMG_5899.JPG
    IMG_5899.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5897.JPG
    IMG_5897.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5901.JPG
    IMG_5901.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 96
  Renaultsport Clio200
Ha and I didn't have any product to blacken the wheel so a trip to Halfords is needed after work tomorrow!

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my rear brake compensator that's been leaking for an age, had to make 4 new brake pipes up too as they were all seized into the compensator! Fitted 2 new rear flexis while I was in there too. Bled them all up, set the tyre pressures then had to get out ASAP as the workshop was about to be locked up for the weekend!

Have identified a gubbed rear wheel bearing, so that'll some new discs and pads I'll be fitting soon!
Oh, and a bit of rust at the bottom on the rear wheel arches, normal spot for them to go?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
My existing insurance company wouldnt even insure me anymore with an exhaust and induction - had to go somewhere else and best i could find was a tenner more a month.
Frankly I was amazed that Admiral didn't really seem that fussed about it, but I think they only permit two mods on their policies so limited with what else I can do

RS Clio 182
Frankly I was amazed that Admiral didn't really seem that fussed about it, but I think they only permit two mods on their policies so limited with what else I can do

Ive gone from £55 a month on my 182 to £88 a month on my 200....not something i thought of hehe.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Dafuq!?

Anyway, replaced my rear shocks today, f*ck me it's only when you bolt new stuff on you realise how f*cked the old stuff was, back feels planted again.