ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
New snow foam lance,
generic mild clay
Chemical guys Eco wash and slick finish AIO
Tac systems moonlight one step master sealants.
Un-named finishing and polishing pads looking and feeling very similar to the carpro white and orange dognut type pads

Pads cheaper mate?

Inferno 225 cup
That gyeon wet coat is superb. I've kinda lost my way with detailing with all these new products but this worked great

Gone through a full bottle mind.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
That gyeon wet coat is superb. I've kinda lost my way with detailing with all these new products but this worked great

Gone through a full bottle mind.

It is very good but a lot of people use far more than they need to. A light mist and thorough pressure rinsing to spread and remove is all that is needed. I recently used it on an old land rover discovery and horse trailer. Used a little under 100ml to treat both

A friend uses it once every 4 to 6 weeks with no other wax or sealant. After 12 months a light mist of carpro tarX followed by clay saw little to no bonded contaminants.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
5L of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax - love this stuff as a weekly wash. Can do it in 30-45 mins and dont have to muck about getting jetwash and hose out.
40 microfibres - mine are getting on abit.
AF Finale - my go to QD, any good alternatives?

Not a 320d
1 x 303 Aerospace Protectant 10oz Spray
1 x Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour - 30ml
1 x CarPro IronX Cherry - Highly Effective Surface Cleaner - 1 Litre
1 x SONAX Xtreme Full Effect Wheel Cleaner 500ml
1 x Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass Nanocoat - 15ml
1 x Dodo Juice Hogg Detail Brush - Large 40mm
1 x Gtechniq Panel Wipe 500ml

New car, doing the wheels to begin with then maybe in September Ill do the paintwork, standard machine polish with P1 and sealed up with CQUK. Topped with Sonax Turbo detailer most likely as that's been my process for the last 3 and a half years now.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
C2v3.

Can't get on with Reload on my car. It's the 2015 version....so supposedly no smears on dark paints....smears everywhere. Even after I've diluted it 1:2 with water.

Worked a treat on my gfs car (light metallic green). And it's such a great product. But it just won't work on metallic grey!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
C2v3.

Can't get on with Reload on my car. It's the 2015 version....so supposedly no smears on dark paints....smears everywhere. Even after I've diluted it 1:2 with water.

Worked a treat on my gfs car (light metallic green). And it's such a great product. But it just won't work on metallic grey!
Ive used it on a grey Porsche Panamera, 2 x Audi Q3 in grey and a BMW 335 in grey. all of these where in the sunshine in 25+ heat.

You must be doing something wrong mate.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I did indeed mate

Can't believe I didn't try it earlier, I knew it must be good when I used to read Jim White's detailing threads on here. He used it all the time.

Oh and use it with a proper waffle weave glass microfibre too for the best smear free results, they have a bit more bite on glass than normal microfibres.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Ive used it on a grey Porsche Panamera, 2 x Audi Q3 in grey and a BMW 335 in grey. all of these where in the sunshine in 25+ heat.

You must be doing something wrong mate.
Definitely not doing something wrong!

Spray on, one MF to apply, one MF to buff off. Been using it perfectly fine on other cars. It just doesn't like mine.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Definitely not doing something wrong!

Spray on, one MF to apply, one MF to buff off. Been using it perfectly fine on other cars. It just doesn't like mine.
That's really odd then mate, so far I haven't had any problems on grey car's.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I was wondering if it wasn't liking AF Rejuvenate and reacting to that, but I've used that on previous cars with it and again, no issue.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
C2v3.

You applying it on a wet or dry car? I only use it when the car is wet.

Not a 320d
Even CP Reload mate?

Yeah reload was probably the worst for me and I've tried each version - you get a bottle when you buy CQUK sealant. Never really got on with it and i know how to work with spray sealants like that. Beaded well enough.

Sonax BSD was good but was very grabby and difficult to get a good finish, i used this for a long time until Turbo detailer came about. Turbo detailer is basically BSD without the problems.

C2V3 was quite expensive and didn't really strike me as amazing.... I dont recall any issues with C2V3 like streaking or having a difficult time applying it.

I think Turbo detailer is so good in my book because its:

1. A proper detailing spray so good for removing anything you missed during washing (Like aphid s**t when you parked under a tree or water marks). A must for me to achieve a pristine finish after a wash.
2. A bloody durable sealant that beads better than most other products out there. I would say a bare ceramic sealant might beat it.

I've not waxed a car for over 3 years because of BSD and then Turbo Detailer.

Not a 320d
C2v3.

Yeah even on a dry car for me it smeared like f**k. I had a black BMW at the time which showed up every imperfection and reload looked dreadful.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah reload was probably the worst for me and I've tried each version - you get a bottle when you buy CQUK sealant. Never really got on with it and i know how to work with spray sealants like that. Beaded well enough.

Sonax BSD was good but was very grabby and difficult to get a good finish, i used this for a long time until Turbo detailer came about. Turbo detailer is basically BSD without the problems.

C2V3 was quite expensive and didn't really strike me as amazing.... I dont recall any issues with C2V3 like streaking or having a difficult time applying it.

I think Turbo detailer is so good in my book because its:

1. A proper detailing spray so good for removing anything you missed during washing (Like aphid s**t when you parked under a tree or water marks). A must for me to achieve a pristine finish after a wash.
2. A bloody durable sealant that beads better than most other products out there. I would say a bare ceramic sealant might beat it.

I've not waxed a car for over 3 years because of BSD and then Turbo Detailer.
Thanks bud, I'll get some. [emoji2]

Not a 320d
Thanks bud, I'll get some. [emoji2]

http://vid578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/ClioToby/Video_zpsgmzsxt8x.mp4

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/ClioToby/image1_zpsmvhjy7ph.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/ClioToby/image2_zpsc7c95778.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/ClioToby/image3_zps93520d96.jpg

e/

make sure you apply with two microfibres. Generally Ill fold the towel in half and then spray turbo detailer once or twice onto the towel as it can splash everywhere if sprayed direct onto the paint, then wipe in the same direction evenly like you would mow a lawn to get stripes. Use a 2nd dry towel to gently buff any excess residue off. Job done. itll clean the paint up and leave a strong layer of sealant.

New CarPro mitt, CarPro large 800gsm drying towel, Mothers Polishing Cone for my exhausts and some megs detailing swabs.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
£10 for 20. x10 small and x10 large.

Not that cheap, but they are re-useable.

£11 gets you 100 pcs of these ones I've got.

Come in 3 sizes
image.png
image.png
image.png

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Are they cotton or foam? The Megs one are foam so you can wash them.

They're shaped like the first image you've linked, in two sizes.

BMW 320d SE
Ordered some Iron X. Never used it before (or anything like it). I'll try it on the wife's grotty old 54 plate Mondeo wheels for maximum effect!