ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this noise?

Clio 182 Full Fat
Hi all,

About 2 weeks ago I started getting what sounded like a rattling noise from my 182 when pulling out of my driveway. At first I thought it might have been something with the suspension/steering components which I will be overhauling soon anyway. Investigating further I've found it happens when stationary too, when the car is on full lock either way and only when cold, after about 30-40 seconds the noise pretty much disappears. It also gets worse with revs.

I'm now thinking it's the PAS pump but I'm not sure and would like to get some other opinions please.

Video:

Cheers,
Scott.

monaco 172
take the belt off and check all the pulleys

Start the car without the belt on and see if the noise is still there, if it is then its something more serious.

Clio 182 Full Fat
Haven't had much chance to have a decent look at it yet, got the kids home still and I haven't had much time.