ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what QD with Essence plus?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes there is. Some even offer protection. Don't use a QD on essence. Use diluted Reload and email CarPro Uk and find out how low dilution you can go for wipe downs. Offers gloss and top up on protection. I would also add diluted Hdro2 on to that list.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Reload would be preferable. Ive diluted it 1:1 to 1:3 with distilled water and it works well. 1:4 and onwards was a bit to weak imo

There's also the carpro echo that can be used as a QD with very good dilution ratios.

QD's are all very different. In theory you could use any over essence plus but it'll hide the true performance of the product but laying an inferior layer over the top rather than adding to it like reload would

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
washed the car yesterday since first washing it april 2nd....almost no product left on the car it seems
must have been something in the application, as I couldn't use my DA.
what I did was:
wash > IronX > clay > limeprime (since I had to do it by hand) > IPA > EssencePlus
All I can Think of is the the limeprime/removing previous wax (Fusso99) should be done by machine as the '99 seems hard to remove?
@gally

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lime prime? That's the issue. I will reply more indepth later.

Polish with carpro. Eraser then essence plus. QD is now echo. Dilution to suit.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lime prime does contain oils so it was probably not a good enough wipe down with the IPA

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Polish with reflect for example then wipe down twice with eraser then apply essence plus via machine.

You could use Essence normal to polish then top with essence plus.