ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What steering wheel size to go for?

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'm stuck between these two Sparco steering wheels, one is 300mm and the other is 350mm. Does anyone have one fitted, or any experience of a similar sized wheel as I'm sure there'll be quite a big difference in feel between the two?

Option one - Sparco 300 wheel (300mm): http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...s/sparco-300-steering-wheel-black-suede-300mm
Option two - Sparco 375 wheel (350mm): http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...s/sparco-375-steering-wheel-black-suede-350mm

You can get a 330mm wheel which is the same size as the Sabelt Renaultsport wheel (which doesn't seem to be available anymore) but I prefer the look of both of these.

I've got this (attached) which is 350mm and is perfect. Remember the smaller the size the harder the steering will become, a 300mm would be a PITA on the road but good on track, where as the 350mm is a good compromise for road and track, plus my one is a mid dish meaning it brings the wheel closer to the driver so your not reaching out like with the standard one which is terribly positioned for any sort of driving IMO.

http://www.ybracing.com/omp-od1979n...0mm-mid-depth-steering-wheel-and-hub-kit.html

Attachments

• 20160214_093033.jpg
    20160214_093033.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 693
  mk1 Octavia VRS
I've got a 350mm Momo Competition. I'd go for 330 or 350, I think 300 would be too small but maybe OK for a race/track car only.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
20160619_213317.jpg
I went for a 330mm omp one but very quickly got used to the size of it. It was still too big and didn't give me that pin point accuracy I wanted.

Ive gone for a 300mm one and wouldn't dream of going for anything else. It's not hard to use at all even when parking. Had it for a year now and it changes the feel of the car so much.

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks for the advice all, and the pics too! General consensus so far is 330 would be better, so I might go down that route. Might be sad and make up some different sized templates to see what feels best in the car. Will post up some pics after I've made my mind up and got something fitted.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the advice all, and the pics too! General consensus so far is 330 would be better, so I might go down that route. Might be sad and make up some different sized templates to see what feels best in the car. Will post up some pics after I've made my mind up and got something fitted.
If you're coming csf feel free to come feel mine. (wheel that is)

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Taken me a little while to eventually get a nice photo to post up, but I went for the Sparco 383 330mm wheel in the end and it's perfect. Love it!

15122913_708217362408_4287023733731643188_o.jpg

Clio 197,with megan'
I had a320mm wheel on my R26,without the use of cruise, but I am putting a 320mm on the Clio, with a panel that will allow me to use the cruise.

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Think I paid £160 which is more expensive than other options, but it was exactly what I wanted. I think Brexit has caused the price to shoot up though, over £200 now from Tweeks!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I've got a Momo 280mm fitted to mine... It's great! I'd recommend a 300, gives the right balance of a smaller wheel and the ability to steer quickly that the larger wheels don't give you, which is more handy on track than when using it as a daily really, but I'd personally not go larger than 300/320.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ive got a 350mm which cuts straight through the speedo

Go bigger like oem, or smaller like gokart?