ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyre weld ? And should i put toolkit back in ?

Would this tyreweld do the job since i've removed my spare wheel ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_productId_164842_langId_-1_categoryId_49102

or this one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_productId_164880_langId_-1_categoryId_78406

And would it be worth carrying an air compressor as well ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...rder=ascending&resultType=2&topCategoryId=ALL

Or would the tyre weld do the job ?

And so people think it'd be worthwhile putting my tool kit back in with jack etc in it..

As the cups have ;)

05032008088.gif

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=307028&page=2

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Re: What tyre weld ? And should i put back in toolkit back in ?

one can is just as good as 3 to be honnest. if a hole is larger than about 1cm no amout of foam will plug it. and you could carry a air comp but thought the idear was to save weight.

Da

Less

Tyre weld is a last resort IMO as it renders the tyre useless. I see your reckoning but I'd much prefer a spare wheel for the longer journeys! :)

106 GTi

Tyre weld is a last resort IMO as it renders the tyre useless. I see your reckoning but I'd much prefer a spare wheel for the longer journeys! :)

Only when lazy tyre fitters refuse to clean it out.

Da

Less
I didn't think it could be cleaned out? :S I thought that once it was in, it was in!

106 GTi
That's what the tyre place will tell you, can be scraped and cleaned out, just takes time and effort. I know a few people that have taken the tyre home cleaned it out and got the puncture plugged as normal.

Only when lazy tyre fitters refuse to clean it out.

Agreed, and a lot of them are probably rough as f**k and will get pissed off when they see the mess they have to clean up inside the wheel etc before refitting the tyre after they've fixed/repaired it. :S

Just thinking is the stuff a pain in the arse to clean out of the tyre/wheel ?

So what about toolkit ?

In or out ?

TVR Cerbera
you need toolkit to put tireweld in. or save even more weight, some from the boot (take everything out) and some from your wallet (join the AA)

TVR Cerbera
cos the tyre needs to have no weight on it for tyre weld to do the biz. that little can can't support the weight of your car when pumping up the tyre. why else would a cup have a toolkit?

i'm with autonational, if i get a flat, i get them out to take me to a garage. thats what i pay my money for.

cos the tyre needs to have no weight on it for tyre weld to do the biz. that little can can't support the weight of your car when pumping up the tyre. why else would a cup have a toolkit?

i'm with autonational, if i get a flat, i get them out to take me to a garage. thats what i pay my money for.

Ah ok, so with car jacked up and the tyre weld in the wheel what tyre pressure would i put it up to ? :S

Or would i use the whole can ?

Sorry if this sounds silly, i aint used the stuff before :(

172 Race Car
why have you taken out the spare?

Imo tyre weld is shite. better off calling your breakdown company and they can plug the tyre properly (temporary)

Anyone ideas what size of tyre weld can i'll need for inflating one of my wheels (standard 172ff wheels - 195-45 r16's)

I've attached links above (at start of this thread) to the two sizes i can buy ?

As i need to get a can of tyre weld asap as i don't have a spare wheel :(

P.s What size are the cans of tyre weld in the cups ?

I have 1 can of Holts Tyreweld in the 182. But if I got a puncture, unless I really had to be somewhere, I wouldn't use it, I'd just phone the AA.

If I go further than 30 miles from home I steal my g/f's spare wheel and take it with me too.