ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what u think of me ice!!

Stanced Honda S2000
  Stanced Honda S2000

the wiring is tidy it just looks as if somebody has plonked the sub there. are boot installs dead expensive ?

Stanced Honda S2000

thats tidy, the only problem is. the new clio , the spare wheel is in the boot itself, and ive got a hujj 15 incher and 2 amps, as u can see , not much room to work.

Oh rich_m i have one critisim, you have speakers in the parcel shelf, and a sub in the boot, this means that the speakers in the parcels shelf are using the boot as an enclosure while you have sub doing the same, you will get some bass cancelation going on, as well as the seakers in the parcel shelf will get damgaed from the air in the enclosure being pushed around so much by the sub ect.

If i were you i would build them a small enclosure each or sell the or just disconnect them.

Try disconecting thema nd see what you think.

Rorrie

hmmmm,

a few ideas would be.....

forget the spare, just carry a spray can & an AA card... if uve got larger alloys on and not a spare alloy the spare is useless anyways :D

as for ice ideas...

1) box up ur 6*9s. Not only is the air space being shared between the two (which isnt good anyways) causing the sound to not be as good as it could, you have a large risk of blowing ur cones with that 15" sub in there as well.

2) take ur amp off ur sub, stick some mdf down on stilts (so its higher than the floor) tuck all wires underneath & screw both amps into this. one either side of the sub.

thats a simple idea above... if u want some harder ideas i can suggest for them,

but most importantly, box up ur 6*9s or get rid of them! ive done my mates... but only prob was space! not sure if u can fit a couple of boxes with that sub where it is....

Stanced Honda S2000

the bass that that 15 kicks out, if i get rid of my 6*9s i can hardly hear the mid and treble.

its all about setting it up

fade to front, adjust head unit to set hi-freq and mid bass much higher than bass

turn gain down on amp slightly

treble should never be heard from the rear as it is IMO

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

I sware the box i have got for my 2 12" is massive. ive got to sell it coz the parcel shelf wont shut down with it in. its massive. im gunna get some stealth boxes coz i got an account with auto acoustics.

Stanced Honda S2000

false floors seem cuwl, but my spares in the boot, i need to be able to take that out, u never know ? ? ?

i took the spare wheel off me 5, saves a bit of weight ya know, to compensate the KGs of ICE ;)

something like that would work in ya clio ya, anything would work, aslong as you get the correct measurements and materials.... dont rush it. Although it took 1 hour to create my boot install! and the shelf is MDF.. very heavy.. and so is the box and side ramps.

im changing it for christmas. geting 2 12" 1200W subs, 2x 1000W amps, , sinkin the amps in the floor with clear perspex like above on toms. and subs against the back seats, a power pack is always a good thing to buy also.

Stanced Honda S2000

dont u have to keep the same box, u know on mine, my sub is in a pre-built box, dont u have to keep the box the same coz of cubic capacity or summat, if so, im thinking of laying the sub down flat, in the box and building around it or maybe a false floor jobby.

at the mo im covered in iceberg silver spray, im spraying my grill silver, looks tidy. its black car. grr

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

For mine i used std boxes and fitted the blue wedge in the middle to stop em moving about

Quote: Originally posted by Rich_M on 18 September 2003
dont u have to keep the same box, u know on mine, my sub is in a pre-built box, dont u have to keep the box the same coz of cubic capacity or summat

nope, you can make the box whatever shape or size you like, use diferent materials too if you like

always try to stick the recommended cubic size as these are usually the best, but feel free to experiment

Stanced Honda S2000

yeah, thats why im confused bout what to do with mine, the jbl amp wont fit any other way, so id have to lay the box down is i was to move the amps, thats the only place they can fit.

start from scratch

lots of mdf, glue and screws

measure your boot,

then think of ways to install the ICE so that it looks different, well organised and most of all pleasing on the eye

then start, taking your time, making sure that you get everything right

once done, jump in the car, go to the local cruise and show off your handywork

Stanced Honda S2000

yeah. to be honest thoug, it sounds ace at the mo and im not sure i wanna start fiddling with the enclosure, somebody suggested like stilt things at each side, mount the amps on the top or sink the into the top of the stilt things, then wires inside, carpet etc. i want blue glowing neons too !! ha ha

there isnt any local cruises round hull area, not that i know of anyway but im sad.