ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what wax do people use

colesy61291

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Hi
I have a Arctic blue and a trophy
What Wax and other detailing products do people use on their clios
Cheers matt

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG
Just used infinity dark wax. Let it cure for 15 mins a panel.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
WaxAddict currently have their Edition18 wax on half price offer, £25 instead of £50. I use the one up from that, Vitreo which is an awesome wax IMO. Have tried numerous others, Autoglym HD, AutoFinesse waxes, Poor Boys etc and have worked detailing cars for over 10 years. I would recommend a decent shampoo to start, and some Poorboys black hole or white diamond (same product, one is for dark colours the other for light) and a decent wax to finish with. If you want to protect it more, a decent paint sealant would be advisable.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Ive just ad some Vitreo from @ADS1982 cant wait to try it

I can't rate it highly enough! Plus it smells awesome... In fact, they also sell the air freshener spray (can also use it for plastic dressing) that smells the same as the wax - very addictive! ;)

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I got some autoglym HD for christmas, yet to use it. Will post results when i do.

The HD wax is still a decent wax, it's easy to work with and gives a nice deep "wet" appearance. One thing I would do is maybe add a second layer of wax once you've applied the first to give it more durability.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I always put the options down to budget and what you expect from a wax.
How often would you be happy to reapply it?
Do you want something that might add a bit of gloss?
How much would you like to spend?

I usually recommended Auto Finesse or ODK as nice waxes, just depends on what you're after :)