ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel size Help

182 Cup Soon !!!
Looking at wheels for the 182, and i get the same thing on cliosport as i did with Corsa sport about wheels. And that bigger 17" wheels are more for show.

But with the 182 not getting much grip with 16s would a 17" wheel not be better in both looks and for driving. And with the clio having such good power output almost in the Civic type R Bracket would it not be better with bigger wheels on like the Civic??

Megane225FF
Filby1 said:
i see, so ya would recomend sticking with 16s??

there's a few peeps on here that have gone up to 17's & come back down to 16's (for ride & handling reason's).. but then again, there are people that have stayed with the 17's..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If you want grip go for sticky tyres. They'll wear quicker. But they don't require the purchase of bigger wheels. And because the wheels aren't bigger they won't be any heavier and they won't stuff up the ride. And you'll get more extra grip by going for a stickier tyre than you'd get by putting on a bigger tyre. You simply can't fit enough bigger size tyre on a Clio to make much difference in grip.

Of course if what you really want is appearance and image, not really more grip, then go for it, fit bigger wheels and 215 tyres.