ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel wax???

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Need to treat/coat my new wheels.
From recommendations from my brother who loves cleaning cars to go with the Gtechniq C5 sealant (I've used a few of their products and like them a lot) and then he suggested also using a hard wax on top. He used Poorboys Nattys Paste for the body of his car but not sure if a better product for the wheels. Any suggestions??
Being a track car the wheels get very hot so not sure of a special wax will be needed to cope with the heat

Only wanting to coat them to help keep the brake dust and dirt off and easier to keep clean as my current wheels have been ruined by brake dust (and me not putting enough paint on in the first place!!)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I used Poorboys Wheel Sealant on my brand new Rays wheels, as soon as they get wet I can see all the sealant, looks utter pish. Wouldn't use it again, now got to find something to safely remove it!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Raceglaze nano sealant is a simple spray and wipe off and leaves a fantastic finish.You can also build the layers up every 30 minutes

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
How hard wearing is that Raceglaze stuff? This looks very easy to apply too.
The adverts and descriptions I've seen for the Mint Rims is a bit clearer and states high temperatures.

I'm not into car detailing so was after a few product names to look for.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I've used Gyeon Q2 RIM Sealant on some wheels and that has been very impressive. The brake dust and general grime can soon be removed with very little agitation. It's well worth a look as it's long lasting too.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
100% recommended a ceramic coating on the wheels.
G5 is pretty easy to use. Just make sure the wheels are well prepped and the coating will last a long, long time.

100% recommended a ceramic coating on the wheels.
G5 is pretty easy to use. Just make sure the wheels are well prepped and the coating will last a long, long time.
G5 is the glass and perspex treatment ;)
C5 or CarPro DLUX are good shouts. If you feel you need to add something on top of this, you'll (as you've already suggested) need a high temp sealant. No better than fk1000p.

koi

Audi S1
Another vote for C5, how long have people had it before needing to reapply?

Guessing lack of cleaning and all the salt on the road won't be doing it any favours.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
G5 is the glass and perspex treatment :wink:
C5 or CarPro DLUX are good shouts. If you feel you need to add something on top of this, you'll (as you've already suggested) need a high temp sealant. No better than fk1000p.
Whoops, I wrote it very quickly.

I'm using Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper now.
Amazing 9H permanent wheel coating. It's so resilient to brake dust and general gunk.
Even a bust CV joint and a on of grease didn't phase it.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Not really - your bodywork won't experience the same temperatures your wheels are exposed to.
Ah ok mate fair enough,so whats peoples views on these sealants??

-Poorboys wheel sealent
-Auto finesse mint rims
-Meguiars brake dust barrier
-Rim wax wheel protection

Ah ok mate fair enough,so whats peoples views on these sealants??

-Poorboys wheel sealent
-Auto finesse mint rims
-Meguiars brake dust barrier
-Rim wax wheel protection
Rim wax is useless. PBWS is an old favourite and the smell is just divine. AFMR is highly regarded. Megs I don't know.
However, they are all products that don't need a lot of prep (a good thing) but will need reapplying every 3-6 months, depending on car use.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
IMG_7454.JPG
IMG_7453.JPG
C5 is my go to wheel product. I've got half a dozen or so coats of exo on top - overkill for sure but they stay clean and need only regular shampoo to keep clean.