ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels homologation

1.6 16v
Hi, wanted to know if in England you can have a 16 inches wheel in a 1999 1.6 16v clio, and if you can have it, is it necessary to pass in a certain inspeccion, test to make sure it's ok, or is it only necessary to get writen aproval?
What's the biggest wheel size you can have in these car?;)

Lionel Richie
you can do whatever you like with wheels on cars in the uk, as long as they don't rub/catch anything or stick out past the wheel arches

1.6 16v
you can do whatever you like with wheels on cars in the uk, as long as they don't rub/catch anything or stick out past the wheel arches
Thanks for the information, but is it necessary to test that, or there aren't any kind of inspeccion for that?;)

182 Cup
The inspection for that is called the MOT and the law will pick you up on wheels that stick out beyond the arch.

Wheels protruding the arch will also p*ss of any following cars as there will be no spray surpression when it's wet.

1.6 16v
Thanks to all those that participated in my thread, now i got the full picture.
You lucky guys, in my contry we are only allowed to have 16 inches wheels on the rs.:(