ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

when will canon be releasing a 450d ?

106 GTi
300D Mid 2003 , 350D came out in early 2005, the 400D Late 2006, end of the year maybe ?

true but isnt the 400d close to the 30d in quality ?

True, IQ between the whole range is hard to tell apart.
If you want want 5fps, spot metering, better build quality, better focusing, better noise handling, ISO 3200, an extra LCD display on top, more controls, wheel navigation, a larger view finder and a bigger camera, then it is worlds better.

:)

just been recommended to get the tamron 17-50 to use with it as a good walk around lense that wont break the bank would that with the 50mm f1.8 canon prime be alright to get started with ?

just been recommended to get the tamron 17-50 to use with it as a good walk around lense that wont break the bank would that with the 50mm f1.8 canon prime be alright to get started with ?

Would be an excellent start, constant f/2.8 and nice and wide, tis a nice lens, AF is a little zippy but its well built and produces sharp pictures...

The 50 is also a fun piece of cheap glass..

i have always wanted to do some gig photos for my brother so i think the 50mm prime will do quite well especially for such a cheap price

182 w/busted splitter :-(
The 50mm f1.8 Prime is one of the best lenses Canon make - period.

It's an absolute bargain, and is capable of some stunning shots. True, the lens is made of plastic, and the auto-focus is noisy and clunky, but I forgave it all that the first time I checked the kind of images I get from it.

Also, using a prime lens makes you think so much more about composition, rather than just 'zooming' to fit somethiing into frame; often I enjoy just taking the 30D and the 50mm prime out, and never fail to come back with some good images - its low-light performance is cracking, too!