ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to find and how to remove Water washer pump

Fiat Punto
Hi there
The water Washer pump has gone, it trys to work (can hear it humming), but nothing is spraying out
The water is in the bottle, so can suggest anything todo?

The line have been checked and they seem clear, the heads are clear as well

Any advice welcome

Ziggy

Forgot to mention: V Reg (2000) Grande Clio 1.2 :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
I have the same problem. Spoken to Christopher today and he reckons it could be underneath the washer reservoir (which is under the scuttle panel on the passenger side). Hope it's not cos I reckon it'll be a reet pain to get at, even after taking the wipers and scuttle panel off.

Not checked yet though so can neither confirm or deny. One thing you could look for is the wire that goes to it. It's (I think) a small bundle with a grey and yellow socket, similar to a seat airbag connector or something like that.

Will investigate further tomorrow anyway.

Fiat Punto
We had a little look
We had the pump out and checked that it worked :)

But now we went to push it back in - but couldn't get it secure up, we've pushed the seal for the pump into the tank
So we've gotta try and fish it out now...

Ziggy

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ah right sorry. I flicked the seal into the drainage channel.. had to remove a wheel and arch liner to get it back lol. Not sure I can be of any help with yours though really, sorry!

Is the pump under the washer reservoir? I looked in the Hayne's manual and it looks like it should be on top.

Fiat Punto
Had another nosey is some better light
We've got the pump out - tested it and got it working fine :)

Just 1 problem we've lost the seal!! NOOOO!!

Now were hoping that we can get the wiper blades off to remove the plastic crap and get the container out to find the seal

But the wipers wont budge
So is it a removal of the wheel arch stuff them? :(

Ziggy

Also why cant i acess the guides section?

Ian

Focus TDCi
You have to become a member mate. It's £10 for a year, well worth it.

You'll find that the wipers are spring loaded and as such push against the threads that they are on. If you push down on them so the whole wiper is flat and then wiggle them up and down they will come off. Watch your hands on the bonnet when they do come off though! How did you get the pump out if the scuttle panel is still on?

All you'll be able to do by removing the arch liner is get a few fingers into the hole in the drainage tray, I think.

Fiat Punto
We've managed to get the pump out by flxing the scuttle pannel by popping 1 of the fixings off :)
Getting in and out to the pump tho ISN't Easy

So your suggesting pushing it down and wriggling it up and down then, just watch as it pop off, due to been spring loaded?

Will have to try.... Saves spending it on the tools todo so :)

Ziggy

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah they are a pain and it may require a bit of patience. I'd suggest:

1) Take plastic caps off
2) Undo bolts
3) Push down on wiper
4) Move wiper up and down (i.e. across the windscreen) and in and out (off and on the windscreen) as much as is possible
5) If all else fails a bit of WD40 may help things.

You'll probably feel like you're not getting anywhere and then all of a sudden it'll pop off. Once it's off you'll understand more about how they're spring loaded, they want to close up in a pincer action a bit.

Just to confirm, does the pump sit on top of the reservoir, or below?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cheers Ziggy, looks like I'll have to order one then.
I imagine you could pick up the washer for extremely cheap, just a little piece of rubber the size of a 2p coin.

Fiat Punto
Cheers Ziggy, looks like I'll have to order one then.
I imagine you could pick up the washer for extremely cheap, just a little piece of rubber the size of a 2p coin.

It in the tank tho... It will eventually happen that the washer will get sucked into the nozzles of the pump....
Okay it wont go up - but it will cause problems later in life, so were sorting it now :)

Ziggy