ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams starting problems

well i have had my licence for 2 hours and 45 minutes and the williams has already f**ked up. i let her warm up for ages, drove her slowly for 10ish miles so i made sure that everything was ok(its been sat for 2 weeks with the williams engine, only to be taken for blasts every couple of days). then after letting it warm up etc. i gave it a proper caning, i was racing up and down mancunian way with my mate for about 20 miles. we parked up and popped in somewhere for a drink, came back and the car wouldnt start. you could hear the fuel pump but NO starter at all. when i lifted bonnet you could hear a click but still no starter and the click wasnt loud enough to be a starter motor solenoid was just a click. so i push staarted it and drove home. on way back i decided to see if it would start and it did. tried it a million times since then and it starts fine now. any ideas? i just dont fancy getting stuck somewhere on my own when the car doesnt start and the fact that it has stopped doing it will make the problem 10 times harder to find!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Loose earth somewhere !! Maybe check all ya connections !! Even the negative cable that goes to the gearbox !!

Youve been caning it, so could it be heat? I know people have had problems!

Earth is probably more likely seeing as youve just had a conversion!

Daz.

problem has been found. its a loose live, but its not the starter motor live, its too thin for that, its a thin red wire that runs over the starter motor

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye its probably the wire to engage the solanoid before the starter motor kick in..

still not actually fixed, i just know what the problem is! Carlos you need to be looking out for a very thin red wire that runs over the starter motor but under the heat shield if it is infact the same problem as mine