ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen wipers, uch removal

172 Rally Car
What have people done to control the wipers when removing the uch?

Specifically in relation to the park position and intermittent?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You'll need a toggle switch and a relay mate. Can't remember if you can get a relay that does single sweep and permanent, or if you would need 2 separate ones for each function though.

There's a lot of pre made fuse/relay boards available now, so all you have to do is put the wires to the relevant terminals on it. You will still need a switch though.

172 Rally Car
So there is nothing different about the way the park switch works? switches to earth etc?

How did you wire them up?
Its the return to park that i'm a little confused about

That's what you will need one of the pre-made box's for, as well as the intermittent speed.

Or if you are not bothered there is a fast and a slow speed wire on the motor and you can just wire it up to a switch, on or off, fast or slow.

172 Rally Car
That's what you will need one of the pre-made box's for, as well as the intermittent speed.

Or if you are not bothered there is a fast and a slow speed wire on the motor and you can just wire it up to a switch, on or off, fast or slow.
I need park. If i just have fast and slow and turn the wipers off, they will stop where ever they are in their cycle.
Where can you buy these magic boxes?

182cup & 172 racecar
I have no park, if I need to turn them off in a race, I just do it when they are on the n/s somewhere.
Really not bothered about them parking in the middle.
Less to go wrong.

172 Ph1
How did you wire them up?
Its the return to park that i'm a little confused about

All you need for the wipers to park is an additional perm power supply .
The motor has a break in the motor circuit as such and parks there if power it there , if no power is there like Tony's then they park where ever turned off .