ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter tidy up 172 Cup

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Needed a runner for the winter until I sort a van for next seasons race duties do managed to pick up a nice cup recently, 85k and last owner for 7 years! All standard apart from a Yozza exhaust which is coming off as its too loud for my liking. The renaultsport stickers will also be removed asap when it's not pitch black!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416824742.334837.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416825482.579225.jpg

Plan is just a general tidy up and refresh. Have some eibachs to fit and some new bottom arms, any other bushes and joints to be done and a decent service. All new brakes all round inc handbrake cables too. Wheels need refurbed with some decent tyres aswell but nothing ground breaking, just good to keep a nice Cup on the road in near or condition.

Just refurbing the arms at the minute. Removed the poly bushes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416824982.139379.jpg

Gave them a clean up and a rub down ready for a lick of paint.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416825061.928654.jpg

Few coats of etch primer and ready for some satin black tonight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416825432.491730.jpg

More updates this week and done better pics at the weekend hopefully.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Well chaps,bit of a change of direction, plan was to tidy it up, do all the bits, mot it and run it for the winter, however, something's come up so i need to get my hands on as much cash as possible so im going to sell this. Just doing an advert currently.
Still been doing a few jobs on it regardless. Got the wishbones finished even though they're not being fitted to this now.
34439053094185-vi.jpg

32439053092625-vi.jpg

Finished painting them all up, refitted the bushes and new Lemforder Ball joints.

Next I got all the mechanical bits done on the ramp ready for its MOT.
-Pagid discs and pads all round with new rear bearings.
-New rear caliper.
-New handbrake cables
-Changed the springs to a set of Eibachs i had as1 of the front springs was snapped
-Changed the oil and filter and gearboxoil too
-New standard full exhaust system from cat back inc new gaskets etc
38439053518575-vi.jpg

38439053518816-vi.jpg

41439053521001-vi.jpg

Passed its MOT on thursday even thought the Hitler that tested it wanted to fail it on the rear brakes and compensator valve! If you dont know the Cups brake very little on the rear and the compensator arm is removed from the factory prompting most testers to think is broken and the rear brakes aren't working correctly, there was even an official note issued to MOT stations because of this.
Anyway, with all mechanical bits done there were a couple of cosmetic bits i wanted to sort.
-The number plates had let water in so they were replaced with new.
-x2 new headlamps were fitted to replace the misty ones on the car, makes a massive difference imo. Also swapped the number plate light for a new one too as they deteriorate much like the headlights.
-Also got a chance to remove the dubious 'Renaultsport' graphics on the lower rear quarters
IMG_3092-vi.jpg

IMG_3094-vi.jpg

IMG_3093-vi.jpg

Starting to look the part now, very original too when you start looking, all the panels and paint look original and the little bits like all the arch liners, undertray and proper front splitter being present and intact make me happy! Likewise all the oe window stickers, elf sticker, glass security etchings and B pillar badges are still fitted I know i'm a bit weird but its nice to see!
IMG_3095-vi.jpg

Gave it a good clean today and took a few pics, its not perfect, the wheels have the usual corrosion and need refurbed mainly and if i was keeping it i'd get snappy to retrim my spare steering wheel for it too.
IMG_3108-vi.jpg

IMG_3105-vi.jpg

IMG_3106-vi.jpg

IMG_3110-vi.jpg

Got to refit the oe headunit but thats pretty much it, keep your eyes peeled for the for sale ad if you're interested.
Russ

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Holy s**t , is this your garage!!!!
41439053521001-vi.jpg

One of the nicest ive ever seen.