ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper relay clicks!!!!!!

When my wipers are on auto the relay in the fuse box clicks when the wiper are automatically activated.

Is this normal on the 172 mk2? Can I get a "non clicking" relay?

I know the above might sound trivial, but its been doing my head in driving in the rain this morning, with the constant click......wipe..... click........wipe:(

Cheers

Mattie

mine does it and theres clicks on the electrics windoes when u open and close them its proper annoying

Volvo S60 T5

The noise you are hearing is down to the automatic wiper system, the relays are situated inside the UCH, this is a sealed unit and there is nothing that can be done to improve it.

If it really does your head in turn off auto wipers and use them manualy.

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 24 July 2005
The noise you are hearing is down to the automatic wiper system, the relays are situated inside the UCH, this is a sealed unit and there is nothing that can be done to improve it.If it really does your head in turn off auto wipers and use them manualy.

do you think you could dynamat the uch mike?

Volvo S60 T5

yeah, maybe its only a square box situted next to the glove box, you will have to remove it completely, easy job to do.

may be the solution.